• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:51:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 238
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 146
Total: 146

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

I'm hoping that Wash's gratitude will cause him to intercede with Aliset on Darcy's behalf and save him getting into too much hot water.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

HoundMistress

Nice writing, Jerusha! I was hoping for something soon! Glad those dice were cooperative.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

revanne

Fabulous writing Laurna and Evie. Made me cry st the end.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

Great post.

If any of the others are doing something this day please get it posted. I have a post for the next morning.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

HoundMistress

Very nice bit, that, Laurna. And did you say Jerusha helped? Really good piece!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Laurna

Quote from: Bynw on April 30, 2019, 11:25:13 AM
Great post.

If any of the others are doing something this day please get it posted. I have a post for the next morning.

Thanks Bynw

Hold just a little longer, Jerusha has a post and I have a follow up post for this same night.

Thanks Judy,

Oh yes, Jerusha did help out especially with Darcy's mannerisms.  But I have to give a lot of thanks to Evie for all her insight and words for Aliset which were written by her. I just had the joy of putting it all together.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Yes Bynw, please hold off a little bit longer.  It may take me a day or two to get mine written, as we work on downsizing and packing for the move at the end of May.  But I should be able to find enough time to get it written soon.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

Ok thanks ladies.

I will await the post from @Jerusha and the 2nd post from @Laurna

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

Great scenes for the roadblock in Cuilteine  and the escape. Darcy definitely has some hard explaining  to do. He had to do something  quickly or Wash might explode and then the situation would be much worse. He might explain that having been sold away to sea at the age of 10 and spent the next 12 years  aboard ships among   rough and ready sailors with little or no exposure to society, his understanding  of the effect of his story on Aliset was somewhat limited. He would never do anything to intentionally harm her in any way.

"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

Quoteshe maintained the cold silence of a Northern Sea iceberg;  dangerous to approach and with no welcoming harbour.

Oh, dear! I love this line.

Quote"My decision is to start our dinner," Aliset announced.  "But you can help me."

Darcy was happy to comply.

Yes! Darcy has won back his lady's heart. Even if she will not tell him quite so soon.
Love the scene, Jerusha.

May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Thank you.  After several tries, it was quite fun.  :)

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Good one, @Jerusha and good one, @Laurna !

I think Her Grace of Corwyn may well be the key (or at least a key) to restoring Washburn's mind to status quo ante.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Lovely interlude Laurna. I was so worried when Wash failed to contact Richenda, I should have known she wouldn't give up and you wouldn't let those dice defeat you.
(Psalm 46 v1)