• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:34:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 110
Total: 110

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Sacerdos in Aeternum

Started by revanne, March 12, 2015, 06:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Do you think the powers that be will mind if a line or two from Duncan's ordination slips into your annual report?   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

I think Duncan would mind as it's all rather angst ridden for him ATM
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Denis and John are taking a break whilst Duncan and Alaric tell me about their encounters with our friendly saint, but St. Jorian will NOT stop talking to me.  revanne got him canonized in God's eyes; now he (and Denis, although Denis is not active at this point in my story) want to see the Church recognize it.

6500+ words, and now St. Jorian needs to hush so I can go to sleep.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

He's definitely wants us to hear his story given that I started to write about Duncan. Hope you finally got some sleep
(Psalm 46 v1)

Duncan McLain

I'm glad to see that Saint Jorian is finally getting the recognition he deserves. A well told tale, my lady!

DesertRose

Quote from: revanne on March 17, 2015, 06:19:40 AM
He's definitely wants us to hear his story given that I started to write about Duncan. Hope you finally got some sleep

Yes, I did, but not until I actually got to about 7500 words.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Quote from: Duncan McLain on March 17, 2015, 08:56:49 AM
I'm glad to see that Saint Jorian is finally getting the recognition he deserves. A well told tale, my lady!

Thank you, my lord bishop. I hope you will be as happy with what I am writing about you. *grins wickedly and reflects thankfully that my oath of canonical obedience is to a bishop in another universe*

Good to have you aboard
(Psalm 46 v1)

Duncan McLain

Quote from: revanne on March 17, 2015, 09:47:27 AM
Quote from: Duncan McLain on March 17, 2015, 08:56:49 AM

Thank you, my lord bishop. I hope you will be as happy with what I am writing about you. *grins wickedly and reflects thankfully that my oath of canonical obedience is to a bishop in another universe*

Good to have you aboard

Hm. Well, that's worrying.  :)

Good to be aboard, my lady.

Aerlys

Quote from: Duncan McLain on March 17, 2015, 10:05:26 AM

You did it! You stopped lurking and joined the forum.

**genuflects and kisses ring**

Glad you could finally join us, Your Excellency.

(Hmmm, strange.. No gushing or squealing from Evie yet...)
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Quote from: Aerlys on March 17, 2015, 11:35:46 AM
Quote from: Duncan McLain on March 17, 2015, 10:05:26 AM

You did it! You stopped lurking and joined the forum.

**genuflects and kisses ring**

Glad you could finally join us, Your Excellency.

(Hmmm, strange.. No gushing or squealing from Evie yet...)

Squeeeeeee!  *ring kiss*

Sorry, I had a doctor's appointment this morning and was afk for a couple of hours.  Not to mention this isn't quite the surprise as it might have been, since His Excellency had a bit of trouble signing up for the forum last night and required some assistance.   :)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Dear Bishop Duncan,
I hope you enjoyed my cakes :>)

yours respectfully

(See in prayer requests  " a difficult week" if bemused by this)

(Psalm 46 v1)

Duncan McLain

Quote from: revanne on March 17, 2015, 12:24:46 PM
Dear Bishop Duncan,
I hope you enjoyed my cakes :>)

yours respectfully

(See in prayer requests  " a difficult week" if bemused by this)

LOL!  Indeed I did, my lady.  I do apologize for eating all of your cakes, especially during what sounds like it must have been a grueling week for you. I normally have better self-control than that, but they were quite tasty, and I fear that I succumbed to the temptation.  Do let me know how I can repay you for those. I feel that I owe you some recompense.

revanne

Thank you your Lordship. The experience of being apologized to by a bishop is almost recompense enough:-) Maybe though if you could tell this simple priest ( I seem to recollect you once also describing yourself thus though I fear I misremember the occasion) how best to deal with members of the episcopacy I will light any number of candles for your intentions ;D
(Psalm 46 v1)

Duncan McLain

Quote from: revanne on March 17, 2015, 01:32:48 PM
  Thank you your Lordship. The experience of being apologized to by a bishop is almost recompense enough:-) Maybe though if you could tell this simple priest ( I seem to recollect you once also describing yourself thus though I fear I misremember the occasion) how best to deal with members of the episcopacy I will light any number of candles for your intentions ;D

My lady, I fear I am still learning how to navigate those perilous waters myself.  *surreptitious glance and grin at Bishop Arilan*

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)