• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:34:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Deryni Magic, 2nd ed.--out yet?

Started by Evie, September 23, 2010, 10:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

While looking up copies of "Deryni Magic," I ran across a few websites that indicated there's a 2nd edition coming out soon with additional info that can be integrated with the RPG.  However, Amazon.com doesn't have this edition out yet, and Borders.com is showing it only available via backorder, although another website listed it as coming out in "March 2010," which means either it's out there somewhere, or else it's been delayed and that website simply hasn't updated their info.  Does anyone know if this book is out yet, and if not, when it might be coming?  (Shiral, maybe?  :D )  *insert puppy-dog eyes emoticon here*
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Shiral

Quote from: Evie on September 23, 2010, 10:54:01 AM
While looking up copies of "Deryni Magic," I ran across a few websites that indicated there's a 2nd edition coming out soon with additional info that can be integrated with the RPG.  However, Amazon.com doesn't have this edition out yet, and Borders.com is showing it only available via backorder, although another website listed it as coming out in "March 2010," which means either it's out there somewhere, or else it's been delayed and that website simply hasn't updated their info.  Does anyone know if this book is out yet, and if not, when it might be coming?  (Shiral, maybe?  :D )  *insert puppy-dog eyes emoticon here*

I'd like to know when it will be out too, seeing that I submitted that manuscript to Ann Dupuis  over four years ago.  That anyone thought it was coming out in March of this year is news to me.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/edition/?isbn=1887154159

According to that page, it was supposed to have had an Ides of March release, but if it did, no one else in the universe seems to know about it.   :D

--WARNING!!!--

AnnieUK

Oooh, on amazon.co.uk it says it is available for pre-order with a release date of 15th October.  I may well stick in a pre-order and see what happens.  :D

Evie

If it does come out in October, I guess I know what I'll ask for as a birthday/Christmas present....

OK, who am I kidding?  I'll probably have it on order that very day!   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

Quote from: AnnieUK on September 23, 2010, 01:14:16 PM
Oooh, on amazon.co.uk it says it is available for pre-order with a release date of 15th October.  I may well stick in a pre-order and see what happens.  :D

Okay.... I REALLY don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but I went to check Amazon UK and this raises some red flags, for me. My reluctant advice is... don't count on this, and don't set yourselves up for a big disappointment. Both Grey Ghost and KK are  U.S. based, and while this book IS listed on Amazon UK, I just checked Amazon.com, and only the original edition is available there. No sign of the second edition.  Which raises the question of why they'd sell it in the UK rather, or at least before they sell it here?

Secondly, having worked one on one witih Ann, she is, alas, prone to let due dates zoom past. You can write down dates to your heart's content, but don't count on this book being available THIS October.  It took three people three years to get the core role playing game out the door and I lost count of how many due dates fell by the wayside in that time.

Thirdly, I'm the co-author of this book. And I haven't heard a BATSQUEAK from Ann about this manuscript for the last two years, at least. Not letting the author  know the book is expected out in October one month before the supposed release date is enormously suspect, sorry. If for no other reason than I would have expected a lot of correspondence from Ann  in a "can you please fix X Y andZ?" mode; asking my opinion about illustrations, and formatting etc, if the book was truly in a state of preproduction let alone less than a month before publication day.

Melissa
The Bewildered co-Author

AnnieUK

Believe me, I'm hearing you, Melissa, but I know how few copies .co.uk normally get in for us UK folks and how fast I've had to move before to get them (I missed out on the HB of High Deryni and had to get it shipped over cos I was too slow) so I'd sooner have a pre-order and it not exist than not pre-order and miss it iykwim. ;)

Evie

So should I sit on Ann's doorstep and give her the sad puppy-dog eyes until this book goes to press?   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

Quote from: Evie on September 23, 2010, 02:55:50 PM
So should I sit on Ann's doorstep and give her the sad puppy-dog eyes until this book goes to press?   ;D

I've heard of worse ideas!  ;D

Melissa

Evie

Quote from: Shiral on September 23, 2010, 03:10:04 PM
Quote from: Evie on September 23, 2010, 02:55:50 PM

I've heard of worse ideas!  ;D

Melissa

Feel free to forward....    ;D

--WARNING!!!--

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Imladris

Well, an Amazon pre-order is how I managed a copy of the original Codex Derynianus!  So, it is possible. (of course, I first came across Codex in a "Forthcoming Books" in the pre-internet days. Would list as Forthcoming.. then disappear.. .then be forthcoming... then disappear. When I saw it on Amazon as a "forthcoming", expected the same thing. Was very pleasantly shocked when it arrived.

As far as the UK connection, it is the only way I was able to get a "HardCover" of Lodge of the Lynx.

AnnieUK

Er, Evie, 0/10 on species recognition - that ain't no puppy, my dear!

AnnieUK

DH has just pointed out that it says on Amazon.co.uk that it is in Spanish, so now I'm even more confused!  Alaric may read military history in Torenthi, but my Spanish isn't up to much!

Evie

Quote from: AnnieUK on September 24, 2010, 02:07:57 AM
Er, Evie, 0/10 on species recognition - that ain't no puppy, my dear!

Does that mean I can't keep it?  *hides puppy chow behind skirt*

DH has just pointed out that it says on Amazon.co.uk that it is in Spanish, so now I'm even more confused!  Alaric may read military history in Torenthi, but my Spanish isn't up to much!

Maybe there's a translation spell in the book, if only you can figure it out well enough to use it.   :D

--WARNING!!!--