• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:38:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 119
Total: 120
Nezz
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter

Started by Laurna, June 17, 2019, 12:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

I missed chat today, but as I am reading the transcript the discussion of real butter came up and I so wanted to chime in.

You have not tasted real butter until you have used Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter. We learned about this from a Scottish chief at the local Scottish festival. Oh My! This stuff is sooooo smooooth. It makes anything you put  it on, or in, delicious. Steamed Vegetables are that much better. Your baking becomes top notch. Plain toast, Yep! Better!

It is a salted sweet cream butter imported from Ireland and you can find it in the Cost co freezer section. I don't use it all the time. but when you want the speacial taste, it makes things just right.

Didn't mean to sound like a commercial but I just would have loved to have added this in during chat time.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

So odd to hear something that is a supermarket staple lauded as a delicacy. I am now wondering how US butter is different. Is it like Danish butter ( marketed here as Lurpak) which uses soured milk. Yuk!
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Imported goods are almost always more expensive than goods produced closer to home.

My mom sometimes buys Kerrygold, and it is indeed amazingly delicious, but my budget does not allow, alas.

(I think the difference is the way dairy cattle are raised in Ireland compared to US industrial dairy farms.  It may also be that the grass in Ireland is different for reasons of climate.  Kerrygold is smoother and richer; the flavor is similar to US butter but--amplified?  More intensely flavored?  I guess?)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

HoundMistress

If you're in Texas, you can get it at HEB. Pretty good stuff, but we use Falfurrius which is a Texas product.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

HoundMistress

I think Kerry Gold may have more butter fat. I know I read somewhere that it's composition is different from US butter.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

revanne

Our cattle, both in Britain and Ireland are generally grazed outside, at least in Spring and Summer - this can be unnerving for those who don't like cows when public footpaths go through fields with cows in. My DH was once chased by a rhinocerhos when working in Kenya as a young man so cattle hold no terrors for him.

And on the whole we get more rain - last year was an anomally which is not being repeated this year. Parts of the UK have had two months rainfall in as many days.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Shiral

I use it to make shortbread. Fantastic, don't use anything else.
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Demercia

Frightened of cows!   Revanne is referring to me.  So it was a triumph last week for us to have found a walk with no cows and no stiles.   The fact that it rained nonstop is a mere detail. 
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Laurna

I have more fear of walking in rain than I do of walking with cows.  LOL. But then when it rains here it pours so hard as to wash you way.
May your horses have wings and fly!