• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:40:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,485
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 129
Total: 130
Nezz
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Deryni Saints

Started by JediMatt1000, October 18, 2018, 03:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JediMatt1000

Hi all,

Is there anywhere I could find a list of Deryni saints? I know that there were some that predated Camber - and think their origin stories would be just as interesting as Camber's.
Matt
"Be the change you wish to see."

Bynw

Quote from: JediMatt1000 on October 18, 2018, 03:15:05 AM
Hi all,

Is there anywhere I could find a list of Deryni saints? I know that there were some that predated Camber - and think their origin stories would be just as interesting as Camber's.
Matt

I don't think there is an actual list. One might have to go through the Codex and try to determine who was Deryni or not of some of the saints listed in it.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DesertRose

I believe there actually is a calendar in the back pages of Codex that lists various saints' days, and I have to think that at least some of those saints are Deryni.  (Some of them are canonical Catholic saints and some are Deryni-verse specific, like St. Bearand.)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Codex II pages 343 and 344 give a calendar list of Calendarium Liturgicum  the saints' feast days.
If you don't have the Codex Ask us about a special saint and one of us can look it up for you.

St. Camber's feast day is Nov 14th.  Same day as Kelson's birthday.
Today, Oct 18th is St. Luke the Evangelist, patron of Healers.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Shiral

Quote from: DesertRose on October 18, 2018, 08:37:02 AM
I believe there actually is a calendar in the back pages of Codex that lists various saints' days, and I have to think that at least some of those saints are Deryni.  (Some of them are canonical Catholic saints and some are Deryni-verse specific, like St. Bearand.)

DR is right that there is a list of Saints and their Holy Days at the back of the Codex. And there are entries for them in the Codex itself.  But that's the only place I can think of.
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!