• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:19:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 107
Total: 107
Google (2)
Bing (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Happy Birthday Revanne

Started by Jerusha, June 02, 2014, 05:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Happy birthday!  Hope you have a wonderful day.  :D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Indeed.  Happiest of birthdays and may it be one of many!  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Hippo birthday two ewes,
Hippo birthday two ewes!
Hippo birthday, hippo birthdaaaaaayyyyy,
Hippo birthday two ewes!!!!

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

AnnieUK

revanne

Thank you all very much - my twin and I decided that since we share a birthday we could half our age but it doesn't seem to be working.

DH and I went out for lunch with my Dad who lives with us and are hoping to go out for a celebratory drink a bit later.

It's lovely to be part of this online community.

I have got as far as writing the prologue for my Joram fanfic and have a sense of where it's going. But he is very, very hard to get inside the head of. He will tell me what he wants me to know but not a lot more. And he has the annoying habit of poking around in my spiritual life before he'll speak to me at all. And then I take refuge in daydreaming of Derry who doesn't make me feel like I'm in the confessional!

Don't hold your breath though 'cos it'll be ages before I'm brave enough to post anything - I can't even manage to put it from my notes onto the computer yet.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Glad you had a chance to get out and enjoy your birthday!

QuoteI have got as far as writing the prologue for my Joram fanfic and have a sense of where it's going. But he is very, very hard to get inside the head of. He will tell me what he wants me to know but not a lot more. And he has the annoying habit of poking around in my spiritual life before he'll speak to me at all.

ROFL!!!  Yeah, I can so relate to this!  Years ago, soon after Star Wars: The Phantom Menace came out, I was writing a Star Wars fanfic that was centered on the character of Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.  (I'm not all that much into the prequel movies, despite finding the settings and costuming visually appealing, but I rather liked Qui-Gon.)  So I'm driving to work one morning, musing on the topic of Jedi meditation, the balance of good vs. evil, and other such related topics, and with absolutely no warning I get this strong sense--to the point of nearly being a visual hallucination, mind you!--of Qui-Gon sitting in the passenger seat beside me.  As I instinctively start to turn to look (while simultaneously trying not to drive off the road in my startlement), I heard Qui-Gon's/Liam Neeson's voice in my head asking, "Have you considered starting a daily quiet time?"   :o  And then there are the theological discussions Duncan occasionally launches into, that don't even have a place in anything story-related!  I've grown used to thinking that I'm mental, and chalking it up to part of the baggage that goes along with being a writer.   ;D

QuoteAnd then I take refuge in daydreaming of Derry who doesn't make me feel like I'm in the confessional!

Watch out...daydreaming about Derry might well have the effect of making you need to spend more time in the confessional!  ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Happy Birthday Revanne,
Don't think of it as aging but as getting wiser. You have a twin, I always wondered what it would be like to be a twin.  :o

If your prologue is written, than your foot is in the door. Step right on in, take a seat and type away. In a few days or six months, I foresee a Joram story wanting to be read.
Good luck and enjoy the ride.

And then I take refuge in daydreaming of Derry who doesn't make me feel like I'm in the confessional!

Watch out...daydreaming about Derry might well have the effect of making you need to spend more time in the confessional!  ;)

I quit agree!  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

"Watch out...daydreaming about Derry might well have the effect of making you need to spend more time in the confessional!  ;)"

It's as well I'm old enough to be mother to virtually all the characters in the Kelson era books ( including Nigel) excepting Ewan of Claibourne and somehow he isn't really a problem  ;D
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

"You have a twin, I always wondered what it would be like to be a twin.  :o"

Need to be a bit careful cos she is lurking on this forum since I introduced her to KK.  Basically I don't know any different because I don't know what it is not to have a twin - I find Cinhil's comment in St Camber that Alroy and Javan should have been one person quite hard to cope with. Ok Cinhil is a self-obsessed twit has issues but its not unlike what has been said to me on occasion.

It definitely has its fun moments though - I have learned not to be too surprised when total strangers fling their arms around me in greeting and then realise that they don't know me after all.

"If your prologue is written, than your foot is in the door. Step right on in, take a seat and type away. In a few days or six months, I foresee a Joram story wanting to be read.
Good luck and enjoy the ride."

Thanks - I think the problem might be the historian in me - I can see where I'm going with it but not where Joram has come from psychologically and I want to know. But all he keeps saying is to tell me to mind my own business! 

(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

LOL!  Yeah, characters can get pretty uppity.  Mine like to remind me who's boss...and it's not me!   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

AnnieUK

If you can get inside Joram's head that would be one fic I'd *definitely* read. He was my favourite Camber-era character, but I never felt I understood what made him tick. There was this certainty about him that I could never penetrate. And how he could square being a warrior and a priest, too. He's almost Alaric and Duncan rolled into one person, with an extra dollop of stubbornness layered on top.

Shiral

Happy Birthday Plus One, Revanne! Hope you enjoyed your day and had lots of nice presents in the presence of those you love best.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

revanne

Thanks - sadly all my kids live and work down south - about 200 miles away which in Brit speak is a long way! So didn't see them on my birthday but have some special things planned for later in the year. My sister is really good at finding out what's on so we are all meeting up at Stratford in a month to go to see Henry IV in the amazing new theatre there. She sold the concept to my non-historically minded elder DD by describing it as the West Wing in costume!
(Psalm 46 v1)

Aerlys

Happy Birthday, Revanne, and to your lurking twin!

(Sorry the cake is a bit late. I've been rather busy on this end with non-virtual confections, and haven't been able to get into the Rhemuth Castle Patisserie until today. Just when I was thinking to myself that there haven't been any birthdays on the forum for a while!)
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Laurna

Yummy, Aerelys, love this cake. I will be happy to have a virtual slice when Revanne and her sister decide to cut into it. With a cake like this is is worth saying again "Happy belated birthday".

Glad to see our Rhemuth Castle Patisserie still in business. Wouldn't want to lose our virtual confectionist. You would be difficult to replace.  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!