• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:40:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

If you had the dice rolls already. Just go with it :)
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

Wonderful scene, revanne!  I can almost see Mirjana quietly smirking beside Dhugal at the end.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Quote from: Jerusha on September 12, 2019, 11:34:16 AM
Wonderful scene, revanne!  I can almost see Mirjana quietly smirking beside Dhugal at the end.

You are so right, Jerusha. I think Mirjana will have no problem being helpful with her husband in Seamus's request. I am so glad Richard thought to set anchor and even more glad to hear that Dhugal order them to go ahead and disembark the men to put them to shore. A bunch of angry, seasick land-loving soldiers on board in heavy seas, which a storm will surely cause even for those on the other side of the headlands, would be more than any captain needs to deal with. Break out the row boats and get them to shore fast.
Loving the sea adventure, Revanne.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

You do terrific sea scenes Revanne and I love the interaction between Richard and Seamus.  How much difference will it make if Dhugal and Mirjana withdraw their energy as I think they were about ready to do, don't think the knights could maintain it alone.   My thinking on Valerian's Deryni knights was that they would have some effect on the storm but not what Valerian wanted. After all, they are inexperienced. I think they had seen Valerian do it but had never done it themselves. I was thinking that they might be able to push a little farther inland toward Javan's army but they would have poor control and it would move more to the northeast where Valerian is trying to escape and make his ride even more difficult and miserable. I like that thought.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

"Yes!' I shall echo Dhugal after my morning re-read through of the last post. Loving it, Revanne! "Yes!" ;D

Laurna

This is a wonderful scene between Fiona and Wash! DerynifanK I thank you for putting it all together. I had worried that the two of them were so very different that they would never find common ground, but I think you found a good firm rock for them to stand upon and, just maybe, spark something for the future.

Jerusha

Well done, DerynifanK.  Nice to have a few thoughtful moments along the way to whatever awaits.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Love the additional piece of the story, DFK! I'm glad to see it going on again.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Jerusha

Oh my goodness, revanne!  For a moment I almost felt sorry for the captain.  But the moment passed quickly.   ;D

Well done!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

OH, Revanne, You always add the most glorious little details. I love that the captain knew about his rebellious crew and especially the lookout on the last boat. And then, him not caring if the last five boats got taken by the Cassani fleet.  But oh he was not prepared for the wind. Nor the rocks.  The sea can be a cruel maiden.

revanne

Quote from: Jerusha on September 23, 2019, 12:17:26 PM
Oh my goodness, revanne!  For a moment I almost felt sorry for the captain.  But the moment passed quickly.   ;D

Well done!

Well no-one else did so even momentary sorrow is an advance.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Excellent, Revanne! Really exciting. I did feel just a brief twinge of sympathy for the captain but I remembered what happened at Ballymar and it passed quickly. Very well done!
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

Great scene Laurna. Hope Kelric will find a way to get those two in the tent.

Jerusha

I am thrilled to see that Jana' son has become a healer.  Wonderful scene, Launa.  Now I have thoughts of a future story about Jana and Brendan.   ;)

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

I will happily take credit for introducing Jana's Healing son into this story. Jerusha seemed amendable to that so I ran withit.  But then DerynifanK said "I wonder who Jana married. I always kind of hoped she and Brendan might get together. We need to ask Jerusha."
I thought that was a fantastic idea. Especially after re-readiing "Journey from Childhood." Poor Jerusha did not know that she was suddenly being manipulated to write some new triplet stories.
I know they will be so much fun. LOL