• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:55:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 243
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 185
Total: 185

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Happy Birthday Cynicalmedic!

Started by Jerusha, August 13, 2014, 06:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Happy birthday, CM, and have a wonderful day!  :D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Happy Birthday CM,
Your birthday is shared with another member of my family. So when I go to buy some cupcakes from this really delicious, specialty cupcake shop, I will think of you as well.
Have a good day.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Yes, indeed.  Happiest of birthdays to our favorite medic!  :D

Seriously, cynicalmedic, I hope you have a great day.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Aerlys

Happy Birthday, CM! Hope it's a day of sunshine and joy.

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Happy birthday, CM!

That's an adorable cake, and apparently either magic or at least making use of a big Transfer Portal, if it's headed CM's way from Australia!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Aerlys

Nah, I just added that little detail to see if anyone was paying attention.  ;D
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

cynicalmedic

I don't know how I missed this, but thank you all. I love the cake, and the thought of a cupcake, but I have to have an apple instead. I celebrated by watching "Arsenic and Old Lace", and practicing to become more skilled with my wheelchair. My DH has promised me a horn for it - I am trying to convince him I need lights and a siren as well, especially since my age now matches the number on the truck that started me on this career path. ;D
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away?
David Gilmour/Richard Wright/Nick Mason

Laurna

Put the brakes on CM.  I miss three weeks of chat and seem to miss something important. Wheelchair?  I hope you are well and wish you a fast recovery!
And by all means add the siren, horn and some flashing red lights with a big number 51 on the back.
Be well CM.

cynicalmedic

Yes, wheelchair for long distances or a knee rollator for the short ones. I had emergency foot surgery, and a skin graft on the bottom of my foot. I can't bear weight, which complicates getting around quite a bit.  :P
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away?
David Gilmour/Richard Wright/Nick Mason

Laurna

I see people with those knee rollators, kind of like a scooter that you put your knee on.  I thought it might be fun to try one of those, especially after I sprained my ankle two years ago. Now you do know that your are supposed to be in the driver's seat when you drive the ambulance and not have your foot under the wheel. :P Sorry just had to say that.
"Skin Graft"-Sounds painful, feet can be so sensitive. I wish you a fast recovery. Take care!