• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 120
Total: 120
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Mini-Deryni photo art

Started by Evie, April 13, 2014, 05:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

The perspective also makes Duncan look shorter than Helena in that photo, since he's somewhat in the background and she's in the foreground of the shot, when he's actually nearly an inch taller, IIRC.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Aerlys

Quote from: tenworld on October 20, 2014, 08:28:22 PM

maybe its the angle (or maybe all the recent videos) but I looked at this and thought I saw the Imp with Cersei from Game of thrones.

Sorry Evie :)

I was thinking he looked more like a demented clown with really bad face paint!

Sorry, too.  :) 

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Quote from: Aerlys on October 21, 2014, 03:43:38 PM
Quote from: tenworld on October 20, 2014, 08:28:22 PM

maybe its the angle (or maybe all the recent videos) but I looked at this and thought I saw the Imp with Cersei from Game of thrones.

Sorry Evie :)

I was thinking he looked more like a demented clown with really bad face paint!

Sorry, too.  :)

LOL!  And that's why I don't normally use that filter, but it's the closest one I've got to a Warhol-art filter, and you did bring up that art style....   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

No, on second thought, I was thinking of Lichthenstein.  OK, off to see if I have a Warhol filter....   :D

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

Here you go, compliments of Photo Booth on DS2's new MacBook Pro, featuring one of his most recent knife making masterpieces. This particular effect is called "Pop Art.":

Photo Booth has all kinds of...interesting effects. Duncan could even be turned into a hologram!

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Quote from: Laurna on October 21, 2014, 02:50:10 AM
Tenworld, I think it is the pixilation from the comic book filter that gives Duncan that harsher, more angular face. But now that you mention it, I can see Tyrion standing in that photo.  ;D  Cersei not so much, but interesting idea. I like Tyrion, he is one of the few good people in Game of Thrones so it really isn't that bad a thing for Duncan to be confused with Tyrion, besides the height issue, that is.

Tyrion seems to be the only member of House Lannister who comes anywhere close to being a decent human being, although Joffery is the only one who is a total waste of skin (think Connell, but much worse; you can't be in his presence five minutes without wanting to strangle him.)  To be fair, everyone else does have at least one good quality.

Evie

Today is Duncan McLain's birthday, so to celebrate the occasion, I made a cassock for Mini-Duncan:

New cassock by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Today at lunchtime, I was going to cut out the matching cape, but I realized too late that I left my fabric scissors at home.  We managed to get a pattern cut out of a coffee filter with my folding embroidery scissors instead.

Creative pattern making by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Love it.  He looks very handsome
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Thank you! I'm still researching the cummerbund-style cinctures, but I'll be adding that to his new set as well.

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Happy Birthday Duncan! Love the new Birthday clothes.  ;D tehe tehe
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

A very smart looking bishop, indeed!  Though I think Duncan might be a bit curious about the folding double-handled short sword on his lap.  Just the right size to carry in a saddle bag when you don't want someone to know you are armed.  ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Well, he probably would have seen a pair of scissors before, but not exactly that same shape, and probably not anywhere near that huge.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Last night Duncan got a pectoral cross to add to his birthday collection.

New pectoral cross by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

It looks a little large.  If you moved it up to full size and assumed it was solid gold, wouldn't it be too heavy for his neck?