• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Create-a-Deryni!

Started by Evie, June 17, 2010, 09:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Alkari, I stumbled on this picture completely by accident tonight (it wasn't one I created), but if you like the redder shades of hair for Richenda, how about this picture which blends the softer features similar to your original two morphs with the bolder coloring of your later two?

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

OK, this seems to be the closest I can get to Dhugal for the moment, and I had to upload a picture of either James or Oliver Phelps (not sure which) to get any red into the final hair coloring.  It would have to be an older Dhugal though (KKB era or after), since this guy looks older than the 16 or 17 year old he'd have been in QFSC, although by that time he was already sporting a mustache, so it's not too much of an extrapolation he might have decided to experiment with a beard as well a few years later. (Or maybe it's a picture of Older Dhugal after several days into a military campaign, when shaving might not be uppermost on his mind?  Who knows?)

There's just absolutely no hope that I can see of duplicating the amber eyes, and you'll also have to imagine that the back of his hair is gathered into a Border braid, but it works for me as a prototype anyway.

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

Follow this link to my photoshopped version of Alaric and Richenda.

http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=111

Alaric is a morph of Viggo Mortenson and Jude Law, his coloring lightened and corrected.  Richenda's coloring has just been  heightened to match what's described in the books as I see them. I'm not totally pleased with Richenda's hair--doesn't quite look natural.  But the color is pretty close.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

AnnieUK

Well I am certifiably rubbish at this.  I did find that adding Miley Cyrus into the Richenda mix gave the sort of colour I imagine for her though.  (Sorry, I have a 12 year old daughter, OK, and Miley is BIG in this house!!)

Alkari

Thanks for that suggestion!  Actually, a very simple mix of Miley Cyrus and Milla Jovovich gives this one, though I think her eyes need to be wider and slightly bluer:-

Jude Law was a face I hadn't tried, though I had done some morphs with Viggo.  But adding Jude Law to my original choice 'blend' (sounds like I'm brewing coffee!) of David Wenham and Daniel Craig, I got this:-

Hmmm - not bad at all  :)

AnnieUK

I'd be happy with that last Alaric - that's getting pretty close for me.

Continuing my theme of using teen favourites as bases for characters, Taylor Lautner and Nick Jonas make a passable Kelson apart from the eye colour. 

Evie

Adding Miley really does help add in the red tones! Too bad I can't add her to Dhugal, but I don't want him riding off to Transha singing "Best of Both Worlds" .... ;)

And I don't think Richenda would toss that Alaric out of bed for eating crackers.  :D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Here are my attempts at Kelson and Nigel....

Kelson, though I couldn't get the gray eyes in.  But I've got the Haldane resemblance to....

Nigel.  I was actually trying to make Denis Arilan when I created this one, but after seeing how closely the result resembled my picture of Kelson, I decided he had to be Brion or Nigel instead.  I think I'll try for Denis again once I can upload a good picture of Timothy Dalton, because for some reason I've been imagining Dalton as Arilan lately, even though I have no clue why!

And here's the closest I could get to my image of Duncan:

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Quote from: Shiral on June 19, 2010, 02:15:00 AM
Follow this link to my photoshopped version of Alaric and Richenda.

http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=111

Alaric is a morph of Viggo Mortenson and Jude Law, his coloring lightened and corrected.  Richenda's coloring has just been  heightened to match what's described in the books as I see them. I'm not totally pleased with Richenda's hair--doesn't quite look natural.  But the color is pretty close.

Melissa

Have you ever worked in Gimp?  I can't afford Photoshop right now, but I've got Gimp and have been experimenting with some of the filters, trying to learn how to create painted portrait effects for the scenic "oil paintings" I sell in Second Life.  (BTW, if anyone here is familiar with Second Life, two of my avatars there are Deryni from an alternate universe 19th Century Gwynedd, stranded in a steampunk Victorian city-state in a different nation from their own. That's actually how I got back into writing fanfic; I was re-reading the books to re-familiarize myself with the Deryni spells so I could write stories for those characters, and ended up writing Kelson-era fanfic instead.  :D )

--WARNING!!!--

Gyrfalcon64207

You all are getting steadily better at this faces thing.  Very fun to watch.  (I don't know celebrities well enough to try on my own--and I'm not kidding about that)  But you're getting some pretty good results.

Evie

Quote from: Gyrfalcon64207 on June 19, 2010, 03:09:24 PM
You all are getting steadily better at this faces thing.  Very fun to watch.  (I don't know celebrities well enough to try on my own--and I'm not kidding about that)  But you're getting some pretty good results.

I don't either, but you can browse the pictures in the database and pick the ones with the right look.

--WARNING!!!--

Gyrfalcon64207

A lot of the pictures in the database were creepy!  I'll let you all keep working, unless I have any moments of inspiration.  Like I said, it's fun just to see what you've come up with.

AnnieUK

How the heck do you put photos on threads?  Do you have to have them hosted somewhere?

Gyrfalcon64207

I got someone who knows actors to try.  Here's what we came up with.

Evie

Nice!  Now, who is he supposed to be?  I think I recognize a few features; looks like one or two of the actors who went into making my Jass MacArdry ended up in this morph as well.   :)

--WARNING!!!--