• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:28:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 95
Total: 95

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Work In Progress: Cathedral

Started by Shiral, October 14, 2019, 01:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Wonderful.  Hopeful Paddy can provide some temporary  protection  until the gargoyles  are in place.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Beautiful, Shiral, and so intricate.  Yes, there must be gargoyles!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Well, and Paddy of all people (entities?) would understand the value of careful preparation and thorough construction.  ;D

In all seriousness, the cathedral is amazing and coming along beautifully.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

love the roof lines. I had wondered about the little niches at the east end. Glad they got roofs too.
Now that it has been mentioned, I think a gargoyle would not be out of place.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Shiral, your cathedral gets more beautiful and impressive with every step. It is amazing! I agree that a gargoyle is called for. My daughter almost bought a house in a historic area, a three story townhouse with a resident gargoyle named Edgar. Really liked him a lot. Unfortunately, the house didn't work out. Would have enjoyed a gargoyle in the family.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Shiral

Quote from: DerynifanK on November 07, 2019, 08:08:30 AM
Shiral, your cathedral gets more beautiful and impressive with every step. It is amazing! I agree that a gargoyle is called for. My daughter almost bought a house in a historic area, a three story townhouse with a resident gargoyle named Edgar. Really liked him a lot. Unfortunately, the house didn't work out. Would have enjoyed a gargoyle in the family.
Alas, no gargoyles around my place either. But then, it was built in the early 1970's, not a golden age for gargoyles.  Thanks for your kind remarks everyone, and clearly I need to do some gargoyle research.
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Shiral

Hello everyone,
Every time I do a new building, it always surprises me that the wee, finicky details are the things that take the longest. You'd think I'd have learned that by now! Anyhow, here's the latest update on the Cathedral's progress. We're getting close to the end, now. Here are  pictures of the West Facade, which has had most of the detailed additions since my last update. Also pictured is the Eastern end and the North Side.  Enjoy!
Melissa

Laurna

Wow! love all the roof crenelations. How ever did you cut all of those out? Wonderful!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

@Shiral  didn't you have a website that showcased all your buildings and a way to order a commissioned one?
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Shiral

Quote from: Bynw on November 15, 2019, 02:39:14 PM
@Shiral  didn't you have a website that showcased all your buildings and a way to order a commissioned one?

I still do, I think....That is, I haven't taken it down. I haven't updated it in years, though.
Melissa

Jerusha

Beautiful, Shiral!  I love the details. 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Shiral, your cathedral is amazing and beautiful. Loved all the details which add so much. Very impressive. You are really multi talented.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Shiral

Aaaand.....the Grand Finale. The Cathedral is FINISHED! I was taking pictures outdoors today, but didn't get very many before my camera battery pooped out on me and it started sprinkling. Rain is definitely not good for my creations, so back indoors I went. More detailed shots will need to wait.

I'm both glad and sorry to be done. It was a great project, but also very time consuming. But I'm very pleased with the finished result.

Melissa

DesertRose

@Shiral , that is AMAZING!  Thank you for sharing your gorgeous creation with us!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Thank you so much for sharing. That is fabulous. I am awe- struck by your talent and patience.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)