• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:58:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

I'm hoping my writer's block is busted but rather worried about those dice
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Oh my! Revanne, I have tears dampening my cheeks. That was beautifully done. Touching words for a character beloved by many. Thank you for that wonderful scene.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Lots of posts this week/session :) love it.

Rumors and rampant speculations on poor Feyd. It's like he's not liked or something. He's a hero really.

The good Bishop died of natural causes, his healer said so.
Lord Reis died in a hunting accident. A rabid charging stag gored him so severely that healer couldnt put the pieces back together. It was a bloody mess.

It's just coincidence that the two men are CC members. The CC has a bit of a history of loss of members even as far back to its founding. In fact 918 was a very bad year the CC only had 3 members at one point. And generally has 7 members with Saint Camber as the 8th member.

Stuff happens. If it doesn't the world doesn't seem real.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

I have a REALLY hard time seeing Feyd as any kind of hero.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

Feyd is definitely a hero- To the members of the Black Order of Death. An assassin of the highest caliber. The thing is, even hero's make mistakes. When that  happens, someone is going to catch on. We will be there.

Jerusha

A beautiful scene, revanne.  Thank you.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

I know from time to time there are folks that have no idea about RPGs looking through this thread and wondering about the dice used. In this game we use only regular normal six sided dice. that's abbreviated as d6's

however if we were playing other games we could possibly use 4 sided dice, 8 sided dice, 10 sided dice, 12 sided dice, 20 sided dice, and even fudge dice.

So here are some photos to show them all off.

This is what a d4 looks like:

This is what a d6 looks like:

This is what a d8 looks like:

This is what a d10 looks like:

Notice the 2 styles

This is what a d12 looks like:

This is what a d20 looks like:

This is what fudge dice (dF) look like:

I hope this answers any questions that anyone might have about dice. But if it doesn't then post away!
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

Wow, I had no idea there were that many kinds of dice.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

When we were kids, we would go to the game store and buy sets of dice in all the sizes. We played some table top dungeons and dragons back then. I still have some of those dice. Um... Somewhere. LOL

Evie

So I finally had a mostly quiet hour in which to catch up on reading the last 8 to 10 pages of most recent Forum posts. (That's how long it's been since the last time I was able to catch up on the Forum!) Fortunately I was in a private office when I did so and not at the front desk in the middle of the waiting room, as Revanne's latest scene had me in floods of tears, darn you, woman!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Quote from: Evie on July 16, 2019, 05:11:19 PM
Fortunately I was in a private office when I did so and not at the front desk in the middle of the waiting room, as Revanne's latest scene had me in floods of tears, darn you, woman!

I'm glad to welcome you back 😊
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Happy to have you back Evie, even for a short time. Hope things will work out so you can come more often. Always miss you when you are absent.

HoundMistress

Just wanted to let you know, Laurna, that I have really enjoyed these last 2 pieces!!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Laurna

Quote from: judywward on July 20, 2019, 10:20:49 PM
Just wanted to let you know, Laurna, that I have really enjoyed these last 2 pieces!!

Thank you Judy.
I have to give thanks to first- an English to Scottish Slang Translator. But in all honesty that made it impossible to read. So then I took a lot of it back to English. Then secondly- DerynifanK put in many corrections to give Columcil a proper brogue.  Then thirdly- Jerusha and Revanne added their skill to the text. It was a fun collaboration.

After all was written as I was thinking of posting, it suddenly came to me that I might need to roll some dice for the Calming spell. Bynw put in his GM wisdom, and yes, I should roll for that as long as Washburn's memories are messed up. I will tell you, I nearly had a panic attack. I was terrified to roll. I didn't want to change what I had spent a week writing. I added 3XP to the roll and did a lot of fingers crossed.  Amazingly it worked. That was such a relief.
I posted it as soon as I could after that, so that no more dice rolling could be called into play.   ;)

HoundMistress

Laurna, that was a lot of work for that piece but it was all for the good of the story! Love the new pieces, including the new one by DFK which is also a lovely piece of writing!! Keep it up, gamers!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.