• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:49:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 243
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 207
Total: 207
Google
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Rayne was originally supposed to be Phyre, but I couldn't find the correct name at the time.  It probably turned out better that I didn't, and we ended up with one more bad guy.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

What happened to the side bar that used to list new posts. I don'T see  it anymore and it did make it quicker to get to the posts. I am currently  having to go to the home page  then the game page then the thread and then the page . Lot more clicks. I do use a tablet but it's the same one I always use, Of course my kids always say it is operator error
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

Quote from: DerynifanK on March 04, 2018, 08:57:23 AM
I think Kelric would have become King's Champion when his father was no longer able to do it for whatever reason. I'm   trying to work on a story  about Eirian and Liam  and the evolution  of ties between Gwynedd  and Torenth. I'M new at this so it's going Very slowly. Not as talented as the rest  of you but trying
Speaking for myself it's not so much talent as confidence and practice. I hadn't written anything creative since school days a loooong time ago and  I felt sick when I posted my first story ( which I've yet to finish because I had vastly underestimated the time it takes me to write anything) but everyone was so encouraging which is the joy of this forum. Looking forward to when you feel ready to post something.

Kelric would be the obvious choice for King's Champion but I'm wondering about Brendon.I don't remember anything being said in canon about it being a hereditary post and it would be a way of Kelson affirming his trust in Brendon.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Quote from: Evie on March 04, 2018, 09:27:44 AM
Quote from: DesertRose on March 04, 2018, 07:40:31 AM
Quote from: revanne on March 04, 2018, 07:04:14 AM
Bynw this is your shout but would it be possible to have a new thread for characters? I can't always keep a track of who is who and having to trawl back through lots of pages is not always feasible.

Here's the characters thread.  http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php/topic,2121.0.html

It's closed to replies because there aren't any openings right now for new characters, but you can still view the thread.

Hope that helps! :D

I suspect revanne meant one for keeping up with NPCs though. I have trouble keeping up with who Rayne/Phyre/Feyd are myself and what each is doing, who is still in play and who is out of action,  etc., so I think an NPC thread is a good idea. It can be separate from the main characters thread, since that has been closed already.

Quote from: revanne on March 04, 2018, 09:31:02 AM
I did mean NPCs I just couldn't remember the abbreviation

Oh, okay, sorry.  I misunderstood.  A number of the NPCs are Bynw's creations, so creating an NPC Character List is probably best left to him, but last I knew, he was feeling pretty ratty, so I don't know how quickly that might happen.  I'll ask, though.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DesertRose

Quote from: DerynifanK on March 04, 2018, 10:58:55 AM
What happened to the side bar that used to list new posts. I don'T see  it anymore and it did make it quicker to get to the posts. I am currently  having to go to the home page  then the game page then the thread and then the page . Lot more clicks. I do use a tablet but it's the same one I always use, Of course my kids always say it is operator error

Sometimes the Recent Posts sidebar is a bit weird.  However, at the upper left of the home screen when you first log in, there should be a "Show unread posts since your last visit" link; on my computer, it's just to the right of my avatar. 

Make sure that you haven't collapsed the title area of the forum though; there ought to be a little arrow at the extreme upper right of the forum home page, and if it's pointing downward, click it so it's pointing upward and you should see your avatar, "Welcome [Username]," and the links for "Show unread posts since your last visit," and a link that's labeled, "Show unread replies to your posts," with the date and time directly below that, all in the upper left corner of the screen.

If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

I suspect revanne meant one for keeping up with NPCs though. I have trouble keeping up with who Rayne/Phyre/Feyd are myself and what each is doing, who is still in play and who is out of action,  etc., so I think an NPC thread is a good idea. It can be separate from the main characters thread, since that has been closed already.
[/quote]

Quote from: revanne on March 04, 2018, 09:31:02 AM
I did mean NPCs I just couldn't remember the abbreviation

Oh, okay, sorry.  I misunderstood.  A number of the NPCs are Bynw's creations, so creating an NPC Character List is probably best left to him, but last I knew, he was feeling pretty ratty, so I don't know how quickly that might happen.  I'll ask, though.
[/quote]

No rush - just a thought for when he is feeling better.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Quote from: Jerusha on March 04, 2018, 10:53:53 AM
Rayne was originally supposed to be Phyre, but I couldn't find the correct name at the time.  It probably turned out better that I didn't, and we ended up with one more bad guy.   ;D

Glad it's not just me that's losing track of the baddies. It's not by accident that my character is not one likely to be asked to take charge of strategy and assessing the situation. I'm quite happy to be the patcher-upper.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

In DR when Duncan tells Alaric he is to be King's Champion, he asks how Kelson managed it as it had always been a hereditary post. That's  the only mention of it that I remember.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

DesertRose

Non Player Characters, such as Phyre or Valerian in this game.  Generally, the GM generates them, because the player characters can't do everything and the GM wouldn't really want them to anyway.  :D

DerynifanK

Evie

Quote from: DesertRose on March 04, 2018, 12:19:16 PM
Non Player Characters, such as Phyre or Valerian in this game.  Generally, the GM generates them, because the player characters can't do everything and the GM wouldn't really want them to anyway.  :D

True, though since this is a semi freeform game and the players are more often online than Bynw is, we've occasionally created the NPC's where they logically would be needed in the game so the story can stay flowing, and then Bynw adopts the baddies we've obligingly named already.  ;D We also have good NPCs like Lord Jaxom, Duke Kelric, etc. Basically an NPC is any of the characters who isn't the primary character of one of our players. So Washburn, Aliset, Darcy, and Columcil are all PCs, or player characters, and our story revolves around them. Every other character who makes an appearance in the game is an NPC. So even as important a character as King Kelson is in the canonical Deryni world, for this story game's purposes he is still just a supporting character/NPC.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

Quote from: DesertRose on March 04, 2018, 11:25:13 AM
Quote from: DerynifanK on March 04, 2018, 10:58:55 AM

Sometimes the Recent Posts sidebar is a bit weird.  However, at the upper left of the home screen when you first log in, there should be a "Show unread posts since your last visit" link; on my computer, it's just to the right of my avatar. 

Make sure that you haven't collapsed the title area of the forum though; there ought to be a little arrow at the extreme upper right of the forum home page, and if it's pointing downward, click it so it's pointing upward and you should see your avatar, "Welcome [Username]," and the links for "Show unread posts since your last visit," and a link that's labeled, "Show unread replies to your posts," with the date and time directly below that, all in the upper left corner of the screen.

If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.  :)

The link I always use is the "Show the most recent posts" link near the bottom of the home page, just under where it shows what the latest post is.  That link is always there, unlike the links near the top of the page that you might accidentally hide from view. Just click that link and then scroll down to the last post you remember reading, then read the new posts working up from that one. I almost never miss a post when I check the forum that way, but it's easy to miss some if you read a single topic at a time.

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

You know me I love lists:
I started a list of NPC's
I am only partway through the good guys.
Throw people into that thread and I or Evie will keep the good guys and bad guys lists up to date.
I will work on the bad guys later today.

May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Quote from: Laurna on March 04, 2018, 01:15:56 PM
You know me I love lists:
I started a list of NPC's
I am only partway through the good guys.
Throw people into that thread and I or Evie will keep the good guys and bad guys lists up to date.
I will work on the bad guys later today.

Help! Help!  I've been volunteered!   ;D ;D ;D

--WARNING!!!--