• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:51:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Alas, I led Derynifank astray.  Iain's stronghold his EAST of Ratharkin, rather than west.

This is why Darcy is the navigator and I am not!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Me, neither! I didn't even blink when i read it. The story line had me in it's grip too firmly.  Great writing!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Jerusha

revanne, that was truly inspired.  You have made my day.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Revanne, your writing  is so moving. I felt truly  sorry for Kelson. The burdens of kingship are indeed heavy. Removing Wash from the succession was very difficult though I'm sure he felt he had no other choice. Hopefully the news that Valerian no longer holds Wash will improve things.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

An thusly, Revanne, You have shown proof for what makes a good King, a great king.  That Parental Responsibility where all his subjects are his extended family.  A great king sees all sides of the problem and has both strength to do what must be done and compassion to understand what his rulings  mean to others.
Wonderful, Revanne.  And thank you, Duncan for your never failing understanding.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Fiona seems to be a resourceful young lady.  Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.   :)

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Good writing, DFK!! I like Fiona. She's got spunk!
Judy Ward

revanne

Good thinking about the horse. The plot is moving along nicely.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

I have been playing with a map in order to help with the directions and the locations of things. It is tough for six authors to all have the same vision. After some agreement between us, this is what I have come upon. I hope this is helpful for both the writers and the readers.  When you think of the Rathark Mountains and the Culdi Highlands, think of the ruggedness and beauty of North Wales with most the hills jagged with rocky outcroppings and everything else dense with forest. The valleys are tamed with patched farmlands. The waters run deep and fast in places, as the river comes down from the high lake of Llyn Tywysen, to Trurill, Culdi and Cuilteine, and then ultimately to Rhemuth. In Kelson's time the several bridges over the river have been strengthened and repaired. Most are stone able to hold horse and cart alike. I hope this helps the imagination.

Note: The picture above is part of the poster-map with my added detail.  For figuring out distances on the map, I am using the map inside the game book, which has the easiest distance code to measure.  The distance from Cuiltiene to Arx Fidei is 50 miles. The distance from Arx Fidei to Rhemuth is an additional 35-40 miles.
The fastest courier on fresh horse can ride 75miles in a day. Walking at a steady pace is only about 20 miles in a day. So figure a walk and canter mix to save your horse would be about 35-45 miles a day depending on the terrain.

DerynifanK

Looks great and it definitely  helps someone like me who has no sense of direction. Wouldn't want to send Fiona in the wrong direction, Many thanks
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

Really helpful, thank you Laurna.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Oh, it feels so good to be reading more story. Wonderful, Jerusha! 

I am torn between Feyd seeing Aliset, instead of Aliset staying in Robert's form and Feyd seeing Robert. He now knows Aliset has his cubes, and he was inquiring after her in the first place to find out where she was. So that will put him closer on her trail.  That is a bad thing. On the other hand, if she stays in Robert's from, at least during the rest of this adventure, Feyd will not recognize the squire Robert if he comes across him. Which is a good thing.
Oh what will happen next?

DerynifanK

Great scene Jerusha! You do dialogue so well. I do worry about the contact with Feyd. Really didn't want him to know where to search for his cubes. Guess she will have to continue to be Robert for safety's sake. This gets more exciting all the time.

HoundMistress

Good writing, Jerusha! Wonder who she saw in the scrying ale. I've really been waiting to get a new installment. Love it!
Judy Ward

DerynifanK

Revanne, the last scene with Kelson and Duncan was so touching, highligted again the difficulties of being a king and the support he gets from his faith and his oldest friend, the archbishop.
Bynw, that letter from Feyd was a work of art.  Waiting anxiously for what happens next.