• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:27:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 65
Total: 65
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Question on the Relationship between Cardiel and Richenda

Started by Bynw, January 20, 2017, 09:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

Katherine Lazo asks: "Several years ago, you sent me a family tree explaining how it was possible for Cardiel and Richenda to be related. This tree also showed that Richenda has two brothers—or at least had them at one time. One was named Murdo, and the other showed as simply Wm. (William?) Is this still the case, or have you reconsidered their names, and indeed their existence?"

KK replies: "The brothers do, indeed, exist, and Wm. is, indeed, William. I expect that we may meet him and his elder brother Murdo, in passing, in the later Childe books. They are several years younger than Richenda, and would have been squired to some noble lord's house in their youth, but it's likely that, if Morgan met them before meeting Richenda, they either didn't make much of an impression or she wasn't present. In any case, we know that he had not met her before that encounter in the carriage. (You see how skillfully I have left myself wiggle-room? The truth is, I don't yet know how or whether they'll fit into Morgan's earlier story.)"
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com