• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:16:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 170
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Forgiveness - chapter 3

Started by Alkari, April 18, 2011, 04:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

Quote from: Shiral on April 20, 2011, 12:45:10 AM
AND on top of it all, not only will she have a mother-in-law who is still somewhat high-strung and wanting grandchildren, she'll have the whole Privy Council nagging her to get busy with her dynastic duties.  :)

Mamma-in-law will soon be too much occupied with a new baby of her own to be thinking about grandchildren.

But noble and royal girls all over the Seven Kingdoms will be crying themselves to sleep for weeks after the announcement.

Alkari

Quote from: Elkhound on April 20, 2011, 01:17:05 PM
Mamma-in-law will soon be too much occupied with a new baby of her own to be thinking about grandchildren. 

All the women will soon be occupied with babies - indeed, there is a veritable baby boom in Gwynedd in 1129.  Codex says Meraude has a daughter in March, Richenda has a daughter in April, Araxie has twin girls in June, and Jehana has her daughter in July. 

Shiral

And Araxie's sister Richelle has a son two days before Araxie has her Twincesses.  Plus Baroness Janniver also has a baby at some point that spring. Don't remember exactly when as I don't have my Codex handy. 

Birth-a-palooza in Rhemuth!

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Alkari

The Royal nursery in Rhemuth will need to be expanded to accommodate all the children likely to be there as family and near-family.  The twincesses  of course, then Meraude's kids - Eirian plus the new daughter, and I imagine Conalline/Amelia, plus Albin ocasionally.  Then Morgan's three if he brings his family to Court; same with Jathan/Janniver's son, as Kelson is obviously fond of that couple.  

And of course, the Court ladies will now turn their attention to finding wives for Dhugal and Derry ... ;)   Wonder if Richenda hands over that portrait of Ekaterina to Dhugal, now it's not needed for Kelson?  :D

Shiral, Janniver's baby is a son born on 14 April, two day's after Richenda's daughter (whom I *hope* ends up being named Grania and not Sophonisba!)

derynifanatic64

Quote from: Elkhound on April 19, 2011, 12:38:36 PM
As a gentleman, I can't raise my hand to a lady, but Jehanna has had a good slap upside the head coming to her for a very, very long time.  Could one of you ladies do the honors?
Maybe one of the ladies can borrow Dear Abby's wet noodle (which she uses on herself when she gives bad advice)?
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Jerusha

Just imagine 1145 or so, when all those lovely daughters become of age to be married!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Shiral

Quote from: Alkari on April 20, 2011, 05:59:15 PM
The Royal nursery in Rhemuth will need to be expanded to accommodate all the children likely to be there as family and near-family.  The twincesses  of course, then Meraude's kids - Eirian plus the new daughter, and I imagine Conalline/Amelia, plus Albin ocasionally.  Then Morgan's three if he brings his family to Court; same with Jathan/Janniver's son, as Kelson is obviously fond of that couple.  

And of course, the Court ladies will now turn their attention to finding wives for Dhugal and Derry ... ;)   Wonder if Richenda hands over that portrait of Ekaterina to Dhugal, now it's not needed for Kelson?  :D

Shiral, Janniver's baby is a son born on 14 April, two day's after Richenda's daughter (whom I *hope* ends up being named Grania and not Sophonisba!)

Oh lord, me too, Alkari.  I can't imagine Alaric or Richenda being that cruel to a baby! I think Sophonisba is a Robism, hence the discrepancy about the names. And then there's the Twincess's baby brother Prince Javan, and doubtless at least an 'heir to spare' for the future. And probably another son for Alaric and Richenda for the same reasons.

Ekaterina, or maybe the Orsal's eldest daughter, for Dhugal. A Duke should be high enough for either of them. =o) 

Melissa

Alkari

Quote from: Shiral on April 20, 2011, 07:50:35 PM
Oh lord, me too, Alkari.  I can't imagine Alaric or Richenda being that cruel to a baby! I think Sophonisba is a Robism, hence the discrepancy about the names. And then there's the Twincess's baby brother Prince Javan, and doubtless at least an 'heir to spare' for the future. And probably another son for Alaric and Richenda for the same reasons.

Ekaterina, or maybe the Orsal's eldest daughter, for Dhugal. A Duke should be high enough for either of them. =o)  

Melissa

LOL about Duke Dhugal being 'high enough' for Ekaterina or Orsal's daughter.  Somehow I can't see too many objections, given that said Duke is 'blood brother' and boon companion to Gwynedd's King  :D

Yes @ the "Robism" for Sophonisba.  Grania Marie Araxelle is not only nicer, it makes perfect sense as the first two are family names on Alaric's side, and Araxelle honours the Queen.   And yes, the Morgans definitely need a spare heir.  (In "my" little post-Codex world, I am happily providing /er, 'inflicting' them with twin boys, born December 1130, whom I have named Richard and Michael.   Richard was nearly Kelric's middle name, and honours Duke Richard as well as Richenda's father.  And I thought Michael because Michendra was Richenda's mother, plus Alaric was born on St Michael's Day.)

Elkhound

Can the Crown of Gwynned pass on in the female line?  We know that the old princely crown of Meara could, but I don't think that the question has ever come up in Gwynned; I seem to remember a discussion of the theoretical possibility, but I can't quite remember where.

Shiral

Quote from: Elkhound on April 20, 2011, 10:36:41 PM
Can the Crown of Gwynned pass on in the female line?  We know that the old princely crown of Meara could, but I don't think that the question has ever come up in Gwynned; I seem to remember a discussion of the theoretical possibility, but I can't quite remember where.

I don't think there's a specific law on the books in Gwynedd that states a Princess of the blood cannot become a Queen Regnant (as opposed to a Queen Consort) should the male bloodline fail.  Men will always inherit before the women, but in the absence of a viable male heir, the most ranking Haldane woman in the senior line would become Queen.The situation has just never arisen, as there has always been a male heir in the direct line.

I'd like to see a Haldane Queen Regnant, myself. Given that the Haldane men are pretty hot stuff (Well aside from a few duds), I'd imagine the dynasty could produce a pretty powerful, politically astute Queen--someone analagous to Queen Elizabeth I, for example.  (I would hope they wouldn't produce someone like her older sister, Bloody Mary as well, though!)

Melissa

AnnieUK

Quote from: Evie on April 20, 2011, 10:11:53 AM
Jass assures me that there's beer in heaven.

LOL, you've got your priorities right, laddie!

Elkhound

Quote from: AnnieUK on April 24, 2011, 01:09:33 PM
Quote from: Evie on April 20, 2011, 10:11:53 AM
Jass assures me that there's beer in heaven.

LOL, you've got your priorities right, laddie!

Having grown up in MN & WI, I remember that old polka:  "In Himmel est gibt kiene bier/und so var ve drinken heer. .  ."