• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 273
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 239
Total: 239
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:22:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

the Mearan loyalists know full well that without Deryni help their chances of ending Haldane rule will fail. the Haldane Kings are either Deryni or have Deryni-like powers. the Haldane Kings have Deryni allies and the Mearans know full well that the Deryni can do when it comes to extracting information from captured patriots.

the plan, if there is one, to sow seeds of distrust shouldn't be between Human and Deryni. because there are Deryni who support the Mearan loyalist cause just as there are Deryni who support the unlawful Haldane rule. it needs to be spun in the direction that the loyalist Deryni are good and the Haldane Deryni are evil, secretive, and don't allow free thinking men to guide their own destinies.

Deryni aren't the problem. it's those Haldanes and those who side with them that are the problem. usurpers all of them. usurping the will of free Meara and free men.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

I feel bad for Wash that he feels alone in all of this. Haven't heard anything  recently about any pursuit or rescue efforts. Surely there must be something  happening in that direction.
Also, if I remember  right the Mearan people loved  Rory and had been happy with his rule. Wonder how many Mearans really want to exchange him for the separatists  and Valerian  who is showing himself to be  ruthless and cruel. Even some separatists  might come to feel that they have made a mistake,
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

Well at least they gained some information. I think I'll be careful not to end up in the dungeons though. Very frightenly described.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

I wasn't expecting  they would get much from him. Didn't  think he would know much and unfortunately  nothing about Feyd. I have to agree Revanne, that dungeon sounds like a place to avoid at all costs. Do wish they could have examined the amulet. Ah well.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

At least they know about the ring. And the thought that he would have targeted Darcy first was a little unnerving. At least there is some good reason for Darcy and Columcil to have gone to Desse.

Or maybe Darcy would have caused enough resistance to have drawn attention to himself. One could have hoped.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

With apologies to Dhugal, Richard and Andras for my last post. I decided I would get some dice rolls in hand. Bad idea !!I had to find a way of using some of them up which did not create too much havoc.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Trust a guard to have the "Good stuff" and be forth-with in sharing it. Thank you Andres.
Too bad there wasn't a bottle of "Old Ballymar" sitting in the Librarian's desk.  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Poor Richard!  Knowing that someone could control his mind and force him to attack a man he has trusted and respected for so long can not be easy to deal with.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Iain is very well-advised not to trust his fate to a throw of the dice.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Quote from: revanne on June 15, 2018, 12:29:56 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth!  :D

Seriously, this link seems apt (goes to a photo on a Facebook RPG page):

https://www.facebook.com/gamingpaper/photos/a.175634059986.25939.46719299986/10150301931934987/?type=3&theater
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DerynifanK

More and more Complicated and a little scary. Feel bad for Richard  who can't help being reluctant about Deryni power. Hope he can resolve that. Dhugal really needs him. Couldn't Darcy help as a master seaman?
Do agree with Iain about trusting Lady Luck as we all know how fickle she can be

Bynw

Quote from: DesertRose on June 15, 2018, 12:53:07 PM
Quote from: revanne on June 15, 2018, 12:29:56 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth!  :D

Seriously, this link seems apt (goes to a photo on a Facebook RPG page):

https://www.facebook.com/gamingpaper/photos/a.175634059986.25939.46719299986/10150301931934987/?type=3&theater

That's awesome DesertRose. Gaming dice can be fickle.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

I wonder if they will be able  to find out anything more from the ring. Feel sad that  Kelson feels he can't  make more effort to find Wash but understand  that finding and defeating those  behind these attacks has to come first. Hope Wash survives and is rescued sometime.
Jaxom deserves anything Kelson deals out to him. Don't  know how Aliset will feel about having him apologize. Would probably   prefer to never see him again.
As usual, wonderful writing from everyone

Jerusha

Wonderful depth in your scene, revanne.  Very in tune with who king and prince need to be.  Though sorry Araxandra had to learn such a hard lesson. 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Good writing all! I really won't be happy till that pompous ass, Jaxom, is safely out of Rhemuth.  I hope Aliset tells him never to darken her door again.  Worried for the Tinker but hopeful he will be safe & the little girl, too. I hope Wash can get away soon. Please keep on making me sit on the edge of my seat while I'm reading!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.