• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 330
Total: 331
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:34:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Twenty-five years...

Started by Evie, April 09, 2013, 04:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

...and approximately 25 minutes ago, in a little country church in northeastern Alabama, I got married to the love of my life.  And he still puts up with me two and a half decades later!  *heart*
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

Congratulations!  That's excellent.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Wedding Day by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Two impossibly young kids with no clue what they were getting into, LOL! 

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

Does anybody ever have a clue what they're getting into?  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Congratulations on a big anniversary, Evie and DH! As to the impossibly young, or the "not knowing what they were getting into" Maybe both are necessary to marriage, if only because fools rush in where angels fear to tread. =o)  You both stuck around for the duration, even for not knowing what the future would bring. That's a pretty darn good track record in this day and age. Just promise him  you'll never take his head off and stick it on somebody else's body!

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

derynifanatic64

And I'm sure you and DH will be repeating this moment again in 25 years!!
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Laurna

Happy Anniversary!  What a fine handsome couple you both make.  25 years, that deserves a true celebration. My thought's echo DF64's -  Enjoy the next 25 years, plus many more yet to come.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Quote from: Shiral on April 10, 2013, 01:31:31 AM
Just promise him  you'll never take his head off and stick it on somebody else's body!

But what if I want to keep him guessing?  There's a reason he calls me "Dimples the Avenger," you know....   ;)

--WARNING!!!--

tenworld

congrats!  have you thought of renewing vows in Deryni costume/custom?

Evie

I doubt my hubby would be very keen on the idea, since he's never read the Deryni books and doesn't seem all that interested in doing so, even though he likes both fantasy and medieval history.  So unless he just gets some wild notion to renew our vows at an SCA event, and I can steer him towards early period garb, I don't see it happening.  That's probably the closest I'd ever get to a "Deryni" ceremony.

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Congratulations Evie and Mr. Evie! What a lovely wedding picture, and you sound as happy now as you looked then!  Wishing you many more happy years!

But ''Dimples the Avenger''?  It sounds like there is more than one story behind that!      :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

LOL!  I tend to be slow to anger, and when I do get angry, I rarely show it outwardly, at least not in public.  But Hubby knows me well enough to see my dark side on occasion--God knows the poor guy knows which buttons to push to bring it out in me!--so yeah, I acquired the nickname once he figured out I'm not always goodness, sweetness and light.   Plus, he just loves giving me nicknames, Mr. Evie does.  Silver and gold have I none, but I've got lots and lots of nicknames.   ;)

--WARNING!!!--