• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 170
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 165
Total: 165
Google (2)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

So excited that there might be a new story about Jana and Brendan. I'm sure they will be a lot of fun. The triplets are always so much fun to read about.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

Quote from: Laurna on September 27, 2019, 11:01:16 PM
I will happily take credit for introducing Jana's Healing son into this story. Jerusha seemed amendable to that so I ran withit.  But then DerynifanK said "I wonder who Jana married. I always kind of hoped she and Brendan might get together. We need to ask Jerusha."
I thought that was a fantastic idea. Especially after re-readiing "Journey from Childhood." Poor Jerusha did not know that she was suddenly being manipulated to write some new triplet stories.
I know they will be so much fun. LOL

It's not that hard to twist my arm....   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Ladies, I loved the new bits to the game! Nice to have more than one to read at once, as I hadn't seen them before tonight. Love the info about Jana & Brendan & I gather there is a story there that I have missed. I'm glad the little party will rest safely for the night. I wonder when Aliset will finally figure out what is causing all that pesky fatigue.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Laurna

Jerusha, in your scene, I can feel the pain that Darcy's mother must have gone through to build that ward in order to take her son's memories in order to protect him. What a harsh thing to have needed to do. The ethics of memory displacement is a major theme in this story.
I love Darcy's determination to get the Ward Major correctly in place. Well done, Darcy, well done.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Great scene. I was a little unclear about what Darcy's mother did. Did she hide his memories from his but they could at some point be retrieved which I thought Aliset did by removing controls or did she eliminate them. Either way it had to be very difficult for her.  Good for him in persisting in raising the wards and he was successful. Darcy is a very determined person. Wondering what will happen at Bishop Arilan's service.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Nice work, Laurna!! I hope Wash will get his memories back soon!
Judy Ward

DerynifanK

This was lovely Laurna. I hope what he is learning from his father's journal and from Darcy will truly help Wash. But his problem differs from Darcy's because he has not only lost his true memories but he has to cope with false memories planted by Feyd and try to determine what is true. Hope he does recover his true memories soon. I love the description of Fiona. I do hope they eventually get together. I think they would make a lovely couple, also formidable.

Bynw

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

Well done, Laurna!  Thank you for Wash's appraisal of Darcy's own memory loss.  Darcy will stand beside Wash no matter what lies ahead.

A glimmer of hope from Bynw perhaps?  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

It's always been part of the plan to restore Wash's memories if he survived the ordeal. For us as players its been a long time but for Wash and company it's been a few weeks or so.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

I love seeing Duncan Michael McLain and Jass MacAudry to the rescue. Favorate boys from the Rustic Prince By Evie.

HoundMistress

I like that addition, DFK! Thanks for moving the game along. Interesting about the weather working, too.
Judy Ward

Jerusha

Nice done, DerynifanK; and thanks for leaving us in suspense!  :)

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Yikes!!!!!!  If the man closest to Valerian feared the repercussions of failure from the Grand Duke, what chance would have a lesser personage. NONE. I almost feel distraught for the men doing  Valerian's bidding. There is not much else for the man when faced with Merasha/interrogation vs. impalement.

Thank you Jerusha for  bringing the storm to a close.

revanne

I didn't see that ending coming, Jerusha. Well done. I am left wondering how much loyalty Valerian will have left now his ambitions are in tatters. And once his lack of power is known I could almost feel sorry for him. Almost.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)