• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,560
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 01:40:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

Girls: Zindaya Marie,Alyce Marie, Larissa Alazais, Rebecca Retice,Rosario Richelle 
Vera Varina
Boys: Kenneth Ahern, Kevin Keryell Se, Anthony Michael, Stephen Thomas Teig
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

Is Kelric married to Aynbeth, or Arazanne?
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

Do these sound like fun to include?

Critical Hits: If all the dice rolled for an Attack Test come up with a "6" on the face, you have achieved a Critical Hit! Increase your total damage by 1.You can only successfully have a Critical Hit on a weapon you have Mastered.

Critical Miss: If all the dice rolled for an Attack Test come up with a "1" on the face, you have a Critical Miss on your hands! The GM will choose what happens, but it probably won't be good. Some options involve weapons breaking, allies being shot instead, or you dropping your weapon. There's no end to the potential here.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on January 20, 2018, 10:18:05 AM

Critical Hits: If all the dice rolled for an Attack Test come up with a "6" on the face, you have achieved a Critical Hit! Increase your total damage by 1.You can only successfully have a Critical Hit on a weapon you have Mastered.

Critical Miss: If all the dice rolled for an Attack Test come up with a "1" on the face, you have a Critical Miss on your hands! The GM will choose what happens, but it probably won't be good. Some options involve weapons breaking, allies being shot instead, or you dropping your weapon. There's no end to the potential here.

I assume the total damage on that Critical Hit is for the person being hit by it, not for the character belonging to the person rolling all those sixes. ;D (Just to clarify for anyone out there who might be terrified to roll all 6s now thinking that's a bad thing rather than a good thing!)

Re: rolling all 1s and getting a Critical Miss, that happened to one of my guardsmen earlier, IIRC, in the scene when the remaining guards rushed in to fight Wash's and Columcil's attackers. I ended up having that guard swing wildly and hit the wall instead of his target's head.  So does this new rule mean we have to wait for you to arrive and tell us the result instead, rather than just writing a logical consequence of that roll into our scene as we've been doing?  My main concern about that is that it could end up forcing us to leave scenes in draft form while we are waiting for you to get off work or something, and in the meantime other people might post something that contradicts what we've already written, given that our schedules vary quite a bit and we're not all here at the same time.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

[Re: Bynw's new game scene]  Feyd, Bynw?  As in Feyd Rautha Harkonnen?  LOL!  Great, now I'm imagining a Torenthi assassin who looks like Sting and wears a rubber Speedo!  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on January 20, 2018, 12:20:56 PM
Quote from: Bynw on January 20, 2018, 10:18:05 AM

I assume the total damage on that Critical Hit is for the person being hit by it, not for the character belonging to the person rolling all those sixes. ;D (Just to clarify for anyone out there who might be terrified to roll all 6s now thinking that's a bad thing rather than a good thing!)

Re: rolling all 1s and getting a Critical Miss, that happened to one of my guardsmen earlier, IIRC, in the scene when the remaining guards rushed in to fight Wash's and Columcil's attackers. I ended up having that guard swing wildly and hit the wall instead of his target's head.  So does this new rule mean we have to wait for you to arrive and tell us the result instead, rather than just writing a logical consequence of that roll into our scene as we've been doing?  My main concern about that is that it could end up forcing us to leave scenes in draft form while we are waiting for you to get off work or something, and in the meantime other people might post something that contradicts what we've already written, given that our schedules vary quite a bit and we're not all here at the same time.

You assume correctly. But you dont have to wait for me to choose what happens on a critical miss. And the whole thing is optional anyway.

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on January 20, 2018, 12:24:12 PM
[Re: Bynw's new game scene]  Feyd, Bynw?  As in Feyd Rautha Harkonnen?  LOL!  Great, now I'm imagining a Torenthi assassin who looks like Sting and wears a rubber Speedo!  ;D

LOL. Yes I did name him after the Harkonnen. But I dont think he's going to look like Sting, especially in the rubber Speedo scene. And he's not going to dance around claiming his is going to kill anyone or say that he see's your death. Or talks about the pet perhaps either. Just borrowed the name since it sounded foreign enough.

Going to have to watch Dune again. It is a very good movie.

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on January 20, 2018, 12:37:34 PM
Quote from: Evie on January 20, 2018, 12:24:12 PM

LOL. Yes I did name him after the Harkonnen. But I dont think he's going to look like Sting, especially in the rubber Speedo scene.

Well, darn.  Can he at least lurk in the background singing "I'll be watching you" softly under his breath?   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Here we go.  "Every Breath You Take," redone in a minor key to bring out the full creepy-stalkerishness of the lyrics.  LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PLNsymQi3Y

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

All right ladies, gents and gentle readers. I fixed the post with Kelric and his family. It is at the botttom of page twelve on ghosts of the past thread. Evie was so kind as to waste an afternoon with me to make it readable. and editied. We also had fun playing with children's names.
For future reference here are the Morgan family names.

Kelric Alain Morgan, Duke of Corwyn
      Born: May 3, 1125
Araxandra Louise Sivorn Cecile Haldane, Princess, Duchess of Corwyn
      Born: summer 1129,  twin to her sister Rhuys
  Betrothed: Spring of 1145 before Alaric went to war.
  Married: May 1, 1147  married on the same day as his parents in honor of Alaric and Richenda.

Morgan Children: 
   Kelsonie Richelle     Eldest daughter,  born Spring 1148    she is 16 and at the schola
   Kenric Richard         Eldest son,   born 1150                    he is a royal squire in Rhemuth, age 14
   Araxelle Jehane        2nd daughter born 1153                  11 years old
   Bronwen Alyce          3rd daughter born  1155                 8 years old
   Duncan Sean            older twin      born 1158                  6 years old
   Alain Anthony           youngest twin born 1158                 6 years old

thank you everyone for your input. I hope this improves the story.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Love the rewrite Laurna, especially the glimpse of Richenda. And the way Bynw is throwing enemies at us it will be good to have Kelric and family in Rhemuth. Hopefully they will be able to make closer contact with Wash from there and alert the King.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Laurna, your rewrite is magnificent! 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

I'm trying to recall if we've seen that St. Christopher's medallion before (that just turned up in Darcy's saddle bag), or if this is a mysterious new twist? I'm wondering if it might have been enspelled to be used as a form of tracking device and placed in Darcy's bag by that band of watchers who were recently outside the village walls, and if that gong farmer is shortly going to find himself in serious trouble?  Although if so, maybe that will throw off the pursuit long enough for our adventurers to slip away undetected....  :D

--WARNING!!!--

DerynifanK

((Love the rewrite Thank you for that. Hopefully Wash will reach Rhemuth and have more help and support to defeat Valetrian))

Edited to add double parentheses because this is a comment on the story, not a story scene.  --Evie

Evie

DH and I are going out for the evening, so I have popped a short scene in, and someone else can either write a marketplace scene, or we can just assume we've bought the items we wanted (since we've already discussed those in this thread with Bynw earlier, as I recall) and proceed from there.  As always, feel free to haul Aliset with you hither and yon during my absence. LOL!

--WARNING!!!--