• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:50:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 238
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Happy Birthday, Aerlys!

Started by Jerusha, June 12, 2014, 06:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Alas, I have no cake baking skills, but have a very happy birthday surrounded by munchkins and family!

Maybe you can have your cake and eat it, too.   ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

AnnieUK

Have a happy day, Aerlys. Hope the family spoil you.

Evie

I wasn't sure whether Aerlys would prefer a cake or a medieval feast for her birthday, so here's a little of both:

Happy birthday, Aerlys!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

A very happy birthday - I hope you get properly spoiled by all the family :)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Happy! Happy Birthday!
I searched high and low and could not find the cake of your dreams, but I think I discovered where cake making reins supreme.

They even have your age right! :P
Have a great day, Aerlys!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Aerlys

Holy cow, Laurna, that cake is AMAZING! It looks like it came straight out of a real-life Candy Land game. We'll have to break out a ton of plates to pass that around.

And Evie's cake is certainly a real feast, too.

Thank you, everyone. This is my mom's last full day here with us, so we are going out tonight to the Rainforest Cafe (always a hit with the kids) and I'll probably enjoy some chocolate volcano cake. Otherwise, DD1 (who really is a whiz at cake decorating) would've made me a truly beautiful confection. DH has to work, but will meet us there tonight. Hopefully the traffic won't be too bad, considering several high schools in out area are having graduation ceremonies today.

So far, I've received about 5 homemade cards (including one made with with rose petals and Hello Kitty stickers), a nice snuggle with my youngest daughter, a cool paper castle constructed by my 8 y/o, complete with moat (no alligators), and lots and lots of hugs and kisses.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Jerusha

Quote from: Aerlys on June 12, 2014, 01:25:57 PM
So far, I've received about 5 homemade cards (including one made with with rose petals and Hello Kitty stickers), a nice snuggle with my youngest daughter, a cool paper castle constructed by my 8 y/o, complete with moat (no alligators), and lots and lots of hugs and kisses.

Those are the best presents of all!  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Happiest of birthdays and may it be the most recent of many!  :)

Those are some freaking awesome cakes, y'all, and I love the presents you've gotten, Aerlys.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Aerlys, Your birthday gifts sound most precious, the best kind ever. If there had been a Rainforest Cafe when I was a kid, I would have driven my parents crazy to go there all the time.  As it was, I made sure we never missed the Tiki room every time we went to Disneyland. Parrots of every type and color are a favorite of mine.

Speaking of Disney, If you didn't recognize the pink castle above, It is Disney World's Sleeping Beauty Castle decorated special for their 1996 25th anniversary. That is the real castle. Looks like everything inside it should be made of cakes and candy. Evie, I can well see the boar's head feast on the main table inside the great hall, can't you? ;D
P.S. I am so glad that castle reverted back to its non cake form the next year. Or do you think some Giant came along and ate the frosting off of it. :o
May your horses have wings and fly!

Aerlys

Quote from: Laurna on June 13, 2014, 02:43:58 AM

Speaking of Disney, If you didn't recognize the pink castle above, It is Disney World's Sleeping Beauty Castle decorated special for their 1996 25th anniversary. That is the real castle. Looks like everything inside it should be made of cakes and candy....
P.S. I am so glad that castle reverted back to its non cake form the next year. Or do you think some Giant came along and ate the frosting off of it. :o

Good grief! How in the world did they manage that?

*envisions helicopters equipped with massive decorating bags of pink and white frosting*
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc