• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:02:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,479
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 101
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52
Google (2)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Is this the Deryni Moment?

Started by BalanceTheEnergies, February 28, 2011, 11:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkari

I am perfectly happy for dear Denis to be "available" - to other people!  :D    I rather like Thomas Cardiel, myself ...

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Elkhound

Quote from: tenworld on April 06, 2011, 01:47:49 PM
I like your scenarios, too bad that once published here they can never be incorporated into canon novels.
I liked the bit about Greek Fire, the secret for which has never been rediscovered.  Human technology vs Deryni magic!  (the old saw is of course from Authur C. Clarke).

They could be if KK got permission and acknowledged them, perhaps giving co-author credit.

HealingWaters

Why the big screen? HBO, or ShowTime might be the better way to go with it, they don't have to try to impress with big flashy tech as much as hollywood does, and I think they could be better suited to keeping true to depth of plot and depth of our belove chairectures.

Elkhound

Quote from: HealingWaters on July 09, 2015, 12:10:58 PM
Why the big screen? HBO, or ShowTime might be the better way to go with it, they don't have to try to impress with big flashy tech as much as hollywood does, and I think they could be better suited to keeping true to depth of plot and depth of our belove chairectures.

I agree.  Look at Game of Thrones.

BalanceTheEnergies

I'm not against it happening on cable either, especially as long as there are DVD releases that can be borrowed at public libraries (which is how I view GoT about a year behind cable broadcast). I do wonder how or when it would be available in other countries if it went to US cable first; I have the impression (which may be inaccurate) that cinema has mechanisms in place for international distribution and television less so (maybe because of the part about TV going into people's homes).

That said, I'm also partial to the cinema experience, particularly watching it in the dark and without other distractions, at least on first viewing. Since so much happens inside people's minds, I would want to use those aspects of movies to help draw the audience into the events. I would also want to have some things shot as if viewed through the eyes of the characters (like Barrett recalling how he lost his sight to Jehana in KKB); while I understand the convention of showing such flashbacks as if they were filmed (such that the person recalling the events is shown in the frame), that convention seems to me it might not be as conducive to putting the audience in the characters' shoes. Your Milage May Vary.
Dubito ergo sum