• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:22:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 137
Total: 138
JudithR
Google (2)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Balance of Power--Chapter Nine

Started by Evie, September 17, 2015, 09:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NavaWazr

Quote from: Evie on September 18, 2015, 12:41:08 PM
Malcolm has several operatives (both willing ones and unwitting "sleepers") planted in Gwynedd, unfortunately, so this could turn into a race, both against each other and against time.

Oh no, more awful stuff will be happening. I hope that little boy is rescued soon, but I also hope he is not a sleeper. OK, I've got less then 6000 minutes to stock up on Kleenex before Evie posts again (assuming she posts on Thursday).
I realized that I wanted to be Deryni, would have loved to be another niece of Uncle Azim, perhaps living on a Fianna vineyard.... but I'm a never wazzer

Evie

Quote from: Marko on September 20, 2015, 05:53:59 PM
I see some similarities between this Lady Violet and a certain Dowager Countess.

Not intentional, though now that you mention it....  ;)

Quote from: NavaWazr on September 20, 2015, 06:52:58 PM
Quote from: Evie on September 18, 2015, 12:41:08 PM
Malcolm has several operatives (both willing ones and unwitting "sleepers") planted in Gwynedd, unfortunately, so this could turn into a race, both against each other and against time.

Oh no, more awful stuff will be happening. I hope that little boy is rescued soon, but I also hope he is not a sleeper. OK, I've got less then 6000 minutes to stock up on Kleenex before Evie posts again (assuming she posts on Thursday).

We're just 1/3 of the way through the story (or slightly less), so of course more awful stuff will be happening.  ;D  Though you'll need to stock up on Kleenex faster than that, as the next chapter comes out on Tuesday, not Thursday. (Not saying you'll need to have any for that chapter, but also not saying you won't.)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Quote from: Evie on September 20, 2015, 07:34:35 PM
Quote from: Marko on September 20, 2015, 05:53:59 PM
I see some similarities between this Lady Violet and a certain Dowager Countess.

Not intentional, though now that you mention it....  ;)

Are we discussing our beloved Lady Violet on Downton abbey? That puts Deryni Lady Violet and her grumpiness in a whole new light  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Yes. I actually have a small homage to Downton Abbey in this story, though oddly enough I wasn't thinking of that Lady Violet at all when I created this one. She may have influenced the character subconsciously, though.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!