• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:53:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 70
Total: 70

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on January 13, 2018, 01:17:24 PM

This leads me to something else that I wondered about? Can we train each other, at least in the rudiments of what we already know?  For instance, since Aliset is Spell-Trained, can she teach Columcil or Darcy some pointers so that they can eventually learn to use their powers that they already have and/or raise their skills in those powers?  I am assuming if they attempt to use their power to do a specific thing and they succeed in their 1d6 trait and can therefore consider this a learned trait in future and start using 2d6 for it? (Assumption made since that's how new skills were learned in other games I've played. ) Or would they have to succeed several times before it's considered an added skill?  Surely they wouldn't have to go to a Deryni Master for training on a basic level, or Vera would have had to have been more powerful than we've seen depicted for Duncan to be trained in the basics. (Alaric could potentially have received what training he got from Sir Se, but Duncan would have had less opportunity to learn from a master level Deryni, and Dhugal even less so. )  Can you tell I'm itching to get Aliset into Darcy's head and discover he's got powers? LOL! I imagine any Deryni with even rudimentary training would be able to pass on what they know, although I can see requiring training from a Spell Master for more advanced skills being logical since what the average Deryni can't do, they certainly can't teach.

I will cover that in the advancement post that I will be writing up this weekend. (Please note my weekends are Sunday-Monday) since I work on Saturdays.

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

I might need a bit of help with this.

I'll give Columcil the traits of an ecologist rather than anger issues if I'm allowed to make that change - don't remember seeing that before but if I just missed it and he's stuck with anger so be it.

If I understand it now as a healer Columcil still rolls 2d6 but for any other Deryni traits he now has to roll 1d6?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Quote from: revanne on January 13, 2018, 02:29:56 PM
I might need a bit of help with this.

I'll give Columcil the traits of an ecologist rather than anger issues if I'm allowed to make that change - don't remember seeing that before but if I just missed it and he's stuck with anger so be it.

If I understand it now as a healer Columcil still rolls 2d6 but for any other Deryni traits he now has to roll 1d6?

Yes you can make that change. I really haven't noticed any anger issues played out so it would be OK to change it.

For the other Deryni powers he possess for now lets do the same for him that we did for Wash. Roll 1d6 but you succeed on a 4,5, or 6 as the result.

Laurna

Are there any special traits for a holy man. Priests should have some special trait, whether human or Deryni. Traits that come with knowledge and faith.

This might include dealing with demons and those undead we discussed earlier, especialy if one is Deryni as well.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Quote from: Laurna on January 13, 2018, 02:38:47 PM
Are there any special traits for a holy man. Priests should have some special trait, whether human or Deryni. Traits that come with knowledge and faith.

This might include dealing with demons and those undead we discussed earlier, especialy if one is Deryni as well.

Nothing in the core rules on Traits for priests other than the Undead one that is ... and of course the various magical traits that exist.

revanne

Quote from: Laurna on January 13, 2018, 02:38:47 PM

Columcil isn't keen on dealing with demons or the undead!

(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

But for healing it's still 2d6 and succeed on 5 & 6?
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Quote from: revanne on January 13, 2018, 03:13:37 PM
But for healing it's still 2d6 and succeed on 5 & 6?

yes. the percentages for success are very similar.

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Quote from: Bynw on January 13, 2018, 01:23:28 PM
Quote from: Laurna on January 13, 2018, 01:06:26 PM
Silly question. Does the Deryni world even have zombies?  I found Undead Repellant:

LOL yes I left that one in the list still. There are certainly creatures that can get called up. Maybe there are zombies ....

Bynw:  "Mine is an evil laugh!  Mwahahahaha!"  ;)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Bynw, just to confirm.  For Darcy, who does not know he is Deryni, for anything related to a Deryni power he may be able to tap into, he will roll at a disadvantage as he did before?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

Quote from: Jerusha on January 13, 2018, 06:28:04 PM
Bynw, just to confirm.  For Darcy, who does not know he is Deryni, for anything related to a Deryni power he may be able to tap into, he will roll at a disadvantage as he did before?

That is correct! :)

Bynw

And now the rules for learning new Traits is posted.

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on January 13, 2018, 08:43:02 PM
And now the rules for learning new Traits is posted.

Yay!  Thank you! Looks good.  :D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Quotefrom Aliset thinking to herself. "... practically from the moment they'd arrived, her companions had scattered seemingly to the four winds!  Annoyance welled up in her.  How very much like men they were, wandering apart and dashing hither and yon acting all heroic rather than sticking together and covering each other's backs like sensible folk! She stifled a laugh as the irony dawned on her.  Of course they were acting like men, daft creatures!  They were men!  .... She'd grown curiously attached to the lot of them in the past few days, even though keeping up with them right now seemed to be more useless than attempting to herd cats."

ROFL ;D
It is impossible to herd cats. Yet doing that would be easier than herding this group. Honestly we do keep trying to get together, if it wasn't for all these obstacles.
May your horses have wings and fly!