• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 362
Total: 363
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 04:51:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The "Happy Birthday" thread

Started by Alkari, December 04, 2011, 08:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkari

Thought the momentous occasion of Evie's birthday meant I should start up a general birthday thread.  

May her amazing imagination continue to flourish, may she happily continue her plans to torture / torment various characters for another year, and may she have many wonderful dreams of a certain Deryni bishop in Rhemuth :)

Happy Birthday, Evie!!     Don't let Luke eat all your cake ...

Evie

LOL!  That does look a lot like my Luke, though I'd be more worried about him nomming my peas than my birthday cake.   ;D

My very own birthday thread....aww, thank you!  *blush*
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

And very well deserved!

I hope you have a marvelous day.  Grub is hosting a small "Arilan" family party for you in the King Tree.   :D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

LOL!  Now that would be my ideal birthday party, or at least it would be if the weather were warmer and drier.   :D  When I was a little girl, one of my favorite pages in the book Go, Dogs, Go! was that scene where all the dogs are going to the dog party up in a large tree.  I used to wish I could go too!   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Alkari

But did Grub know to invite Duncan?   ;)    Or will Evie have to celebrate later alone with him ....  :D

Evie

Hopefully someone will have warned him to wear his "civvies" and not a cassock, or it might be difficult for him to climb that tree!

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Lady Avisa helped Grub with the guest list and planned on having suitable attire ready for clerical and female guests that would be attending.  Poor Sophie was a bit dismayed by the idea, though Jashana thought it was great fun.  ;D

Bishop Duncan was most comfortable sitting beside the Birthday Girl.  ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

LOL!  Oh, I suspect Sophie would get quite into the fun after the first few minutes of shyness.  Seisyll might have to swallow his dismay at the thought of his wife flashing her legs around like that, in those slightly immodest and unfeminine chausses....   ;)

I can just see Jashana thinking it's a really fun lark, and bringing the custom of tree parties back home to Llyr, to the bemusement of her husband's people.   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

Eep!  I missed Evie's birthday! 

Evie, happy belated returns of the day, and I hope there was some cake left without cat slobber on it!
(After all, you couldn't offer Duncan, bishop and emeritus Duke of Cassan slobbery cake! Even if he does love cats.) I assume you invited him, naturally.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

But of course Duncan was invited!   :D

And don't worry about the cake.  The one in the photo was the special Nom Cake, deliberately left out for the cats to find so that they wouldn't discover the real birthday cake.  The Nom Cake was quite liberally laced with catnip, I'm afraid, so the Basilica cats are now hyperactive and taking over the entire Castle....  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Alkari

A very Happy Birthday to the wonderful Desert Rose - not sure when it should be 'my' time, but happy birthday anyway.   Hope you enjoy the celebrations.  

Remember that Capricorns, like good Fianna wine, actually improve with age :D

ETA:  I couldn't resist adding this:-

DesertRose

LOL, thanks, Alkari.  It's not until tomorrow, my time, but I believe it is already the 12th your time, so go ahead and celebrate for me, if you're so inclined!

*blushes and laughs*

I love the cat picture.  That is too cute.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Elkhound

Silleh kittehs!  You're obligate carnivores!

That being said, many happy returns of the day and may God grant you many years!

Jerusha

Happy birthday DesertRose and thanks for all you do for the forum!  :)

-- Old English Litany

Evie

(And apparently no one has informed my kittehs that they are carnivores, because Luke's favorite "kitty treat" is a spoonful of canned peas, and Gigi goes crazy over homemade ranch dip with dill.  :D )

--WARNING!!!--