• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

The Casting Call!

Started by Bynw, March 06, 2007, 07:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeDuc

How about some 'new blood', someone never seen before to play a character. I have always like Cinhil Haldane, the 'restored' King. Lived a good life, tried his best, yet had reservations. I would play the part, I'm in the right age range and able.

HoundMistress

I think I missed the whole end of the last game bcz it stopped sending me notifications. If anyone has it, please send to me.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DerynifanK

if you are referring to GotP, it has not ended. has been in a hiatus. It will return and completed.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DoctorM

I've been looking over my "Two Kingdoms" fanfic and trying to think of how I see characters there-- something a couple of the site regulars have asked about, too. So, then-- let's see...

NOTE: Some character choices will require age adjustment, some are based on particular roles actors have played. I'll try to annotate those things.

Let's try the Shadow Court at Valoret, plus a couple of others--

Charissa-- Aymeline Valade. Alt: Blake Lively (age-adjusted) [Charissa in 26 when the Two Kingdoms stories start, so not a lot of adjustment]

Christian-- Nathan Fillon. Alt: Michael McElhatton (age-adjusted-- Roose Bolton in GoT).

Aurelian-- Christoph Waltz (age-adjusted)

Richenda-- Jessica Chastain (age-adjusted). Alt.: Saorse Ronan.

Kyri-- Rebecca Ferguson

Bran Coris-- Jamie Dornan

Lionel of Arjenol-- Jeremy Irons (age-adjusted to c. 1980)

Yusuf al-Fayturi (Josh Brolin-- very much like Gurney Halleck in 'Dune')

Brennan de Colforth-- David Morse (age-adjusted). Alt: Jack Lowden.

Any thoughts?

Nezz

I would not have expected Nathan Fillion in the Christian role, Fillion seems more... I'm not sure, I just would have pictured someone else.

When I first saw your actress for Charissa, I thought "what the heck?" but then I saw a few other pictures and found some that made me think "ah, I understand now."

DoctorM

Quote from: Nezz on April 06, 2022, 12:07:46 PMI would not have expected Nathan Fillion in the Christian role, Fillion seems more... I'm not sure, I just would have pictured someone else.

When I first saw your actress for Charissa, I thought "what the heck?" but then I saw a few other pictures and found some that made me think "ah, I understand now."

It was hard to think of someone for Christian. I liked Fillon in "Firefly", and physically he's not too far off from what I imagined. Christian doesn't have the six-foot-three, ripped abs look of so many current male actors. He's five-nine (still a head shorter than Charissa), but...a bit square built, as a horse-archer would be. I needed someone who could be dark and intense without *quite* being a young Alan Rickman. I'd thought a bit about the late British actor Nigel Terry-- his looks in 'Edward II' and 'Caravaggio' aren't too far off.

Laurna

May be you will think this is funny, but when I see Christian as I am reading, I think of Heath Ledger in A Knight's Tale.  I think curly brown/blondish hair, kind of unkept, a mustache (Heath Ledger has one in other movies) kind of Boyish rogue but really good at what he does. I fear Nathan Fillion is far too much in command, he would never have been second fiddle to Charissa.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Nezz

Second-in-command, yeah, that's probably it. And too sarcastic. I can see Christian being sardonic, but not sarcastic (usually).

DoctorM

Quote from: Laurna on April 06, 2022, 10:21:03 PMMay be you will think this is funny, but when I see Christian as I am reading, I think of Heath Ledger in A Knight's Tale.  I think curly brown/blondish hair, kind of unkept, a mustache (Heath Ledger has one in other movies) kind of Boyish rogue but really good at what he does. I fear Nathan Fillion is far too much in command, he would never have been second fiddle to Charissa.

And that is very interesting. Now I always see Christian as dark-haired (House Falkenberg runs to black hair, and his mother was an illegitimate daughter of the Arjenol line), but then that's because I see him as, well, my character. Raven's-wing, short-cut hair, dark eyes, clean-shaven...though back in the Long Ago, I saw him with a close-cropped beard around his mouth because...well...I had one back then.

He is good at what he does, and he's found a good niche as Queen's Remembrancer. He knows he's not a general, but he is very good at...finding things out.

I don't think he sees himself as second fiddle to Charissa. He's well aware that she's higher in rank than he is (and taller), and he's also well aware that his own value is in being her interlocutor, and in being the one who values her for things no one else sees.

DoctorM

Quote from: Nezz on April 06, 2022, 10:48:52 PMSecond-in-command, yeah, that's probably it. And too sarcastic. I can see Christian being sardonic, but not sarcastic (usually).

Sardonic, absolutely. But rarely sarcastic. He's been with Charissa since they were children, and while he knows that she out-ranks him, that's not something that bothers him. They do make a good pair-- they know how to finish one another's sentences. He probably has a somewhat lighter touch than she does.

DoctorM

Gaaah! Colin Firth! How could I have forgotten the young Colin Firth as a possible Christian?!

Laurna

Pride and Prejudiced, Colon Firth! Oh yes!  I can see that! Good idea!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Nezz

Seems a bit stuffy for Christian, but I could see it happening...

JudithR

Quote from: AnnieUK on January 22, 2012, 06:06:22 AMMost people in the UK struggle to understand Glaswegians! And Geordies!

My uncle lived in Glasgow most of his life and my daughter can't understand a word he says!
I can do Geordie if pushed.  Oddly enough, it wasn't until I'd lived in London for several years that I could "hear" Northern accents when I went back to visit family
"Judith may be found browsing in these dubious volumes" (9 letters)

Stitcher001

When I first started reading Katherine's books, I saw Edward Albert playing Alaric Morgan.  Edward was an expert swordsman and horseman.
Jacqueline Armitage