• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 369
Total: 369
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 03:54:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

KK Chat - 04 May 2008

Started by DesertRose, May 04, 2008, 07:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

[19:10] * KK has joined #Deryni_Destinations
[19:10] <&DeryniBot>  Gwynedd's Sheriff, Marnin, nods to KK and checks their weapons at the door.
[19:10] * DeryniBot sets mode: +o KK
[19:10] <jemler> KK!
[19:10] <the_Bee> Hi all.  Hi KK!
[19:10] <@KK> Hello, all.
[19:10] <@DesertRose> KK!!!!!!
[19:10] * @DesertRose tacklehugs KK.
[19:10] <jemler> Shiral said to tell you Hi
[19:10] <+Elim> Greetings KK.
[19:10] <the_Bee> how was ravencon?
[19:10] <@DesertRose> RainbowDragon also says hi.
[19:10] <@KK> Sorry, I've been away the last few Sundays.
[19:11] <+Elim> RD Said hi.
[19:11] * jemler helps KK up
[19:11] <+Elim> DesertRose, he gave you that message to huh?
[19:11] <@KK> Ravencon was very good, especially for it being only their third year.
[19:11] <@DesertRose> Yup.
[19:11] <@DesertRose> RD is in the end part of moving house and will have internet again on Tuesday.
[19:12] <@DesertRose> So how have you been KK?
[19:12] <+Elim> Back in a few moments.
[19:12] <@KK> My sympathies.
[19:12] * +Elim Quit (Quit: Leaving)
[19:12] <@DesertRose> I'll convey that to him.
[19:12] <@KK> Good.  My fammily will be arriving, starting Thursday (sister), Friday (Father and stepmother), and maybe other sister on Saturday--or Friday night.  She hasn't communicated yet.
[19:13] <@DesertRose> Wow.  What's the occasion?
[19:13] <@KK> So we've been getting ready for the visit.
[19:13] <jemler> You're going to be busy!
[19:13] <the_Bee> sounds like a houseful  I hope they're all animal-lovers.:)
[19:14] <@KK> Just getting together.  Daddy has been threatening to visit, now that we're in the US--and my sister Jeanne hasn't seen him for a while, and wants to see the new house--and the other (half) sister wants to come, too.  It may be the last time my dad will have all 3 of his girls in one place.  He's just turned 83, and he's in good health, but you never know.
[19:14] <@DesertRose> AH, okay, cool
[19:14] * Elim has joined #Deryni_Destinations
[19:14] * ChanServ sets mode: +v Elim
[19:14] <&DeryniBot>  Gwynedd's Sheriff, Marnin, nods to Elim and checks their weapons at the door.
[19:15] <the_Bee> wb elim
[19:15] <jemler> wb Elim
[19:15] <+Elim> Thanks.
[19:15] <@DesertRose> Rehi Elim.
[19:15] <@KK> It has occurred to me that pets might be an allergy problem--not for my sister Jeanne, but the others have or had allergies.  I've kept the rooms as pet-free as possible.
[19:15] <jemler> What's your half-sisters name?
[19:15] <@KK> Other than that, they'll just have to load up on antihistamines.
[19:16] <@KK> Brenda.
[19:16] <@DesertRose> LOL
[19:16] <jemler> Hope you have room for all of them!
[19:17] <the_Bee> Unless the animals have always been kept out of those rooms, they've probably left a few allergenic molecules behind.
[19:17] <@KK> This is a good time of the year, though, because the hurricane season hasn't started yet and it isn't too hot.  And my dad loves the Blue Ridge Mountains.  We used to come up here in the summers, to Asheville, NC, where his aunt had what we'd today call a bed and breakfast, in Weaverville, which is just outside Asheville.
[19:17] <@KK> They'll all have their own rooms.
[19:18] * Temprus has joined #Deryni_Destinations
[19:18] <&DeryniBot>  Sedina gives a highland welcome to Temprus as they join the chat
[19:18] <jemler> I was planning to go to Abington, Va for vacation one year, but the plans fell through.
[19:18] <jemler> hi temprus
[19:18] <the_Bee> hi Temprus
[19:18] <Temprus> howdy
[19:18] <@KK> Well, Daddy and Nikki, my delightful stepmother, will share a room, of course--and they'll have to share a bath with Brenda, if she comes.
[19:19] <@KK> True, Bee, but if so, they'll just have to cope.  We've got critters, and they know that.  Daddy and Nikki will only be here Friday evening to Tuesday.
[19:19] <jemler> Your dad will have flashbacks of duaghters groming up and hogging the bathroom!
[19:20] <@KK> ;-)
[19:21] * Elf-luppertime is now known as Elf
[19:21] <Elf> HI KK!
[19:21] <jemler> Elf, how was the lupper?
[19:21] <Elf> Hi all!
[19:21] <Elf> Awesome of course!
[19:21] <@KK> It should be fun.  Sunday is Mother's Day, and they want to go to our church that day--adventures in the Episcopal Church, where they've never been; they're Baptists.  But it should be fun.  Trinity is historic and beautiful, and has an awesome organ and choir--and they're both musicians.
[19:21] <jemler> was the lupper fried, baked, boiled, barbecued?
[19:22] <Elf> boiled and fried. Family coming for Mother's day KK?
[19:22] * the_Bee had lupper at a local restaurant.
[19:22] <@KK> Yep.  Most of 'em.
[19:23] <Elf> Is that a large group? If my family came it would be Mom, Dad and my brother
[19:24] <@KK> Dad, stepmother, and two sisters.  It's manageable.
[19:25] <jemler> We had a family reunion a couple of years ago. Just in time, within a year after that 3 aunts died.
[19:25] <Elf> I would say that was good timing. Sorry to hear that though
[19:26] <jemler> two had cancer, the third had a heart attack.
[19:27] <the_Bee> Were you close, Jemler?
[19:28] <jemler> One aunt lived in Fla, we only saw her a few times, the other two were here in town, i saw them fairly often.
[19:29] <jemler> the one with the heart attack was sudden. the other two were sick for a long time.
[19:29] <the_Bee> that's rough.
[19:30] <jemler> the youngest of my fathers relatives is 54, they were all older.
[19:37] <the_Bee> KK, we've had a recent reminder that we need to get cracking if Derynicon is going to happen.  From your experience, what the price range for registration fees at cons? especially new or young ones?
[19:40] <the_Bee> same question to other experienced attendees
[19:41] <@KK> I never have to pay for cons, being a pro, but I think it runs sort of 60/80-100, and more at the door.  Somebody ought to check some con websites.  Try Ravencon, Marscon, Libertycon--these are all smaller, localish ones that might be comparable.
[19:43] <jemler> i'm gonna have to take off. See you all later. KK, enjoy the reunion, i hope i didn't jinx it for you.
[19:43] <the_Bee> I'm making a note. thanks, KK
[19:43] <@DesertRose> See you later Jemler!
[19:43] <the_Bee> bye jemler
[19:43] <Temprus> bye j
[19:43] <@KK> Bye, Jemler.
[19:43] <jemler> bye
[19:43] * jemler Quit (Quit: )
[19:45] <Elf> dang missed jemler
[19:45] <Elf> what I get for stepping away I suppose
[19:46] <Temprus> Replacing book collections is hard, expensive and annoying :D
[19:46] <the_Bee> what books are you replacing?
[19:46] <Elf> Yeah... I have some books I want to replace as some have wandered off over the years...
[19:47] <Temprus> I just finished getting the vasrious Dune & LotR books/dvds :D
[19:47] <@KK> I'm culling my library; what are you looking for?
[19:47] <Temprus> Deryni is part of the next batch
[19:49] <@DesertRose> Why are you having to replace your book collection, Temprus?
[19:49] <Temprus> I had to move sudden like a few years ago
[19:49] <Temprus> no way to take much of anything
[19:49] <@DesertRose> Ah, and had to leave books behind.
[19:50] <Temprus> something like that
[19:50] * TheDeryni has joined #Deryni_Destinations
[19:50] * ChanServ sets mode: +o TheDeryni
[19:50] <&DeryniBot>  Hi there TheDeryni! Welcome to the chat.
[19:50] <the_Bee> Temprus had to fugit? :D
[19:50] <the_Bee> Hi TF!
[19:50] <Temprus> Books were the low end of the totem pole on replacing stuff, so I only really started this year replacing them
[19:50] <@TheDeryni> 'ello all!
[19:50] <@DesertRose> Hi TheDeryni!
[19:51] <Temprus> Hi TD
[19:51] <@TheDeryni> Who's TF?
[19:51] <the_Bee> That Fiend!
[19:51] <Temprus> Temprus Fugit maybe?
[19:52] <the_Bee> renTed Fingers
[19:52] <@DesertRose> LOL
[19:53] <Temprus> Sadly, I was only short "Venture In Vain" of having a copy of all the Deryni main Deryni materials at that time :(
[19:53] <Elf> Hi TD!
[19:53] <@DesertRose> Boooo!  Hisss!  I would be so mad.
[19:54] <Temprus> Life is not fair, but you either continue on or give up :|
[19:54] <@DesertRose> Yeah, I know.  I'd still be upset.
[19:54] <Temprus> the Childe Morgan books were not out yet either
[19:54] <Elf> heh.. life is but an ongoing exam
[19:55] <Temprus> DR, I lost rest of my stuff that was in storage a few months later because my brother did not tell me he had stopped taking care of it :(
[19:55] <@DesertRose> Oh lovely.
[19:55] <Temprus> Yeah
[19:55] <Elf> ohhh not good
[19:55] <the_Bee> "Life is a test.  It is only a test.  If this were your actual life, you would have received better instructions."
[19:55] <@DesertRose> LOL
[19:55] <@TheDeryni> Is anyone here on RhemuthCastle.com? We had like 11 "Guests" a few minutes ago and I was wondering if someone was experiencing login problems. I'm not, but I thought maybe someone might be.
[19:56] <the_Bee> I'm here on MIRC
[19:56] <Temprus> Thankfully my day job pays decently and I have no real obligations to stand in the way of regetting stuff
[19:56] <@DesertRose> Cool.
[19:57] <Temprus> Deryni is just a long enough list that I doubt I can repeat the feat of getting evrything in less than a month like I did last time :D
[19:57] <Elf> :)
[19:59] <@KK> Temprus, I'll make you a deal you probably can't refuse.  I'm in the midst of (still) unpacking all my author copies, and I've got most of what you'll want, paper and hard.  Contact me by e-mail and tell me what you need, and I'll see what I can do.
[19:59] <@DesertRose> Holy smoke!
[20:00] <@DesertRose> If he turns that deal down, I'll take it!
[20:00] <Elf> Blast yya speed typist!
[20:00] <@DesertRose> LOL
[20:00] <@TheDeryni> If he turns it down I'll smack him.
[20:00] <Temprus> lol
[20:01] <@DesertRose> I still don't have the author's cuts of the original trilogy.
[20:01] <@KK> It won't be free, mind you; but I need to make room (and could use a bit of cash).
[20:01] <Temprus> Understood, what is you email address?
[20:01] <@KK> I've got those, too.
[20:01] <the_Bee> What's you U.S. email address, KK? I stil have your Irish one.
[20:01] <@KK> [edited per KK's request]
[20:02] <@DesertRose> Do you mind if that gets published, KK?
[20:02] <Temprus> Right now my Deryni collection consists of "The Deryni Adventure Game" :D
[20:02] <the_Bee> Thanks
[20:02] <@DesertRose> Or do you want me to edit it out of the copy of the chat that I'll post to rhemuthcastle.com later?
[20:02] <Temprus> ack, good point DR
[20:02] <@KK> No, it's pretty easy to figure out.  That's my official one.  I have another as well.
[20:02] <@DesertRose> Okay, so that can stay?
[20:02] <@TheDeryni> Okay, what's that one? Just kidding.
[20:03] <@DesertRose> Wise--
[20:03] <@DesertRose> mouth
[20:03] <@KK> Actually, let's take it out.  You guys can have it--and anybody who asks specifically.  But I don't need spam.
[20:03] <@DesertRose> Okay, I'll edit it out when I do the chat post.
[20:04] <@KK> I just today shut off the old Irish one; I was getting 50-100 a day, and it was all spam by now.  Anybody who doesn't know the new address by now will have to track me down some other way.
[20:04] <@DesertRose> LOL
[20:07] <@KK> Well, I've just had a cat jump onto my lap and start licking and nuzzling--she wants dinner--so I guess I'd better go feed her--and us.
[20:07] <@TheDeryni> :(
[20:07] <the_Bee> I once sent you a fan letter c/o your publishers.  I know it reached you because you replied.:)
[20:07] <@DesertRose> Okay.  Don't be a stranger!  We miss you when you're not around.
[20:07] <@TheDeryni> Okay, we'll see you soon.
[20:07] <Elf> I am gald I was actually around as well!
[20:07] <Temprus> Thanks for the offer, enjoy your get together, be well
[20:08] <Elf> Have a great reunion KK!
[20:08] <the_Bee> Nighters, KK.  which cat?
[20:08] <@DesertRose> Have a good time with your family.
[20:08] <@KK> That offer goes for the rest of you, too.  If you need books to fill in, I can probably supply.  It's Tillie.
[20:08] <@DesertRose> Awesome. KK, if no one's told you recently, you ROCK!
[20:09] <@TheDeryni> Also, Katherine, if you come into chat during the week, we would be delighted. If you can....
[20:09] <@KK> Jessie was being a monorail cat earlier, on the railing next to the back stairs.  Very funny.
[20:09] <the_Bee> LOL!
[20:09] <@DesertRose> I take it you read icanhascheesburger.com?
[20:09] <@KK> LOL.  Thanks, DR.
[20:09] <@TheDeryni> KK ROCKS!
[20:09] <Elf> Heh and I will be adding cat stories soon enough
[20:09] <@KK> Goodness, yes.  I have a whole folder of pics I've grabbed off that site.
[20:10] <@DesertRose> I love that site.  I visit it so that I laugh at least once a day.
[20:10] <the_Bee> Ithink that's www.icanhascheezburger.com
[20:10] <@DesertRose> Yeah, I think I misspelled the misspelling.  :D
[20:11] <the_Bee> giggle
[20:11] <@DesertRose> My internal editor was on autocorrect. :D
[20:11] <@KK> There are some really funny pics.  One of my favorites is still the white cat meatloafing on the glass table-top, shoot from underneath.  Now we know where they put all those paws.
[20:11] <Elf> heh
[20:11] <@TheDeryni> No comment on that DR
[20:11] <@DesertRose> LOL
[20:11] * @DesertRose sticks her tongue out at TheDeryni and gives him a great big raspberry.
[20:12] <@KK> OK, probably won't be here next Sunday night, because family will be here.  But maybe after Tuesday.
[20:12] <@TheDeryni> Ack! Slobbery woman, DR.
[20:13] <the_Bee> we'l look forward to seeing you whenever.
[20:13] <@TheDeryni> Okay, see ya and have a good one KK.
[20:13] * @KK steps onto her Portal, waves good night, and disappears in a shower of green sparkles.
[20:13] <@DesertRose> See you KK!  Take Care!
[20:13] <+Elim> Have fun KK
[20:13] * @TheDeryni waves
[20:13] <@KK> Nighters!
[20:13] * @KK  Quit (Quit: )
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DesertRose

Quote from: DesertRose on May 04, 2008, 07:29:24 PM
[19:59] <@KK> Temprus, I'll make you a deal you probably can't refuse.  I'm in the midst of (still) unpacking all my author copies, and I've got most of what you'll want, paper and hard.  Contact me by e-mail and tell me what you need, and I'll see what I can do.

If anybody else wants to take KK up on this offer but does not have her email address, PM me or catch me on #deryni_destinations and I'll PM you the email address.  She said her fans could have it but she didn't want it published on the website here for fear of spambots.

<mod hat off>
DesertRose
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)