• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

DeryniCon pity party!

Started by DesertRose, August 25, 2008, 02:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

Well, it does not look like my back disability will come through in time for me to go to DeryniCon.  I wish I could be there, and I hope everybody has lots of fun.

Anybody up for a DeryniCon pity party in chat, for those of us who can't go for whatever reason? :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

the Bee

Shiral

Folks...  We may ALL be in need of a Derynicon Pity Party.  :-[  As of Wedndesday, Julianne had fewer than ten Con registrations in hand with just over a month to go. If we're not around the 60~70  mark by Monday, which looks unlikely,  I believe Julianne will be forced to cancel the Con, within the 1 month before the date window according to the contract with the hosting hotel.

I don't know where the enthusiasm went, but there appears to be no strong interest concerning the con out their among the fan base. But we have until Monday to turn this around, if we're going to.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

JulianneTK

Doesn't look to me much like anybody cares, Melissa.

Shiral

You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Elkhound

Perhaps with all the e-mail, bulletin boards, live chat, etc., the feeling is that face-to-face meeting isn't as important as it used to be.

JulianneTK

Quote from: Elkhound on September 10, 2008, 03:49:45 PM
Perhaps with all the e-mail, bulletin boards, live chat, etc., the feeling is that face-to-face meeting isn't as important as it used to be.

Maybe I'm getting old, then...  Sigh.  Computerized interaction is not relationship to me.  I was always in various fandoms for the friendships.   But you may be right.  As I said, I must be getting older...