• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,567
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 206
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 12:40:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

Feel better soon bynw and I hope you got your car back undamaged
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

Sitting here sneezing and looking out at yet another blizzard - the "Beast from the East" is still living up to its name - and yay!! there's another installment of GoTP from Laurna. Oh, no a Deryni pricker (haven't seen one of those in a very long time) and caltrops. Oh dear...

Fantastic episode, Laurna
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Scrambling to find dice NOT made in Torenth....
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

A blizzard? E-gades! I had to get out of bed early and it is 45F outside and I am chilled. I can not even imagine looking at a "Blizzard"  BURRRRR!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Laurna

AACK! NO Darcy! Where did those 1's come from. You were supposed to throw away the dice that said made by Tamuraze!

Hold on! Wash is looking for a fresh set of dice.

revanne

I am wondering what the gate would have looked like/ been made of. Walking a lot in the English countryside, as I do, there are endless varieties of latches/bolts etc but more often than not you find that the gate has half fallen off its hinges and, the latch/bolt no longer meeting what it is supposed to key in with, the gate is secured with a variey of bits of rope.

The land we are travelling through is fairly prosperous, being fertile, and would be good grazing land for lifestock so I am going to assume a reasonably well constructed five bar gate but, being farming land rather than a prestigous manor, I am also going to assume that like its modern counterparts it has seen better days and is tied up with a matted piece of rope.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Love the description as Shadow is about to jump?or crash? into it. :o

Jerusha

Well done, Laurna!  Wonderful description of the mayhem at the gate!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

At least the mayhem isn't caused by Feyd
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Any idea why Feyd is only coming up in two posts if I use "Search" to look for posts he is mentioned in?  I know he has been mentioned more than that, but the only posts Search brings up with his name in them are the ones posted in the past 24 hours or so, which is hardly helpful since I was hoping having to avoid rereading the full game thread to recall what and where he was last seen doing and going.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DerynifanK

Found "Feyd"  2/28 Post by Jerrusha, 2/12 post by Bynw, 2/11 post by Laurna. Hope that helps
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

QuoteBlessed Mary Mother they were not in that much of a hurry! Had it not occurred to their Lordships to untie the gate and go through like sensible folk? As Lord Jaxom sailed gracefully over the barrier, horse and rider making an elegant arc, he had had his answer. Of course not. Untying gates was for lesser folk who could only gawp as their betters showed off their horsemanship. Angrily Columcil shook his head as if to dislodge his thoughts - he had better get this growing dislike of the gentry out of his head before they met up with some real nobility or he was like to find himself in trouble. Quote from Revanne GotP

Revanne, I love your sense of humor. Truly--- aye for, "sensible folk"  LOL!

But you nearly forgot our poor Darcy.  Washburn is there  I hope the dice treat our beloved Darcy well. (I am afraid to roll. Don't know if to roll on the chat board or on the dice roller site.)

Evie

I use the chat room to roll since I seem to have better luck there, but that could (probably) be sheer coincidence.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Quote from: DerynifanK on March 02, 2018, 01:55:16 PM
Found "Feyd"  2/28 Post by Jerrusha, 2/12 post by Bynw, 2/11 post by Laurna. Hope that helps

How odd!  Trying the Search feature to search for "Feyd" from a different computer this time, I am only finding DerynifanK's post (quoted above) and the one posted by Laurna yesterday.  Maybe Feyd is using his Deryni powers to hide himself!  LOL!

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)