• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 75
Total: 75

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Possible 4th book?

Started by Braniana, November 12, 2007, 07:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikegeo

Quote from: Braniana on November 12, 2007, 07:01:40 PM
Did anyone else read the most recent chat post, where KK says that the CM trilogy could end up being a quartet?  I'd be fine with that, especially if it would make the remaining books better instead of having just one and be overloaded.  Of course, it'd be one more addition to an ever-increasing list of books she plans to write.  Hey, she's the creator, so I'm sure we'll be happy whatever she decides.

Outside of Deryni Rising most of the stories follow a 2 book story arc (see below).  Looking at this 2 book structure also makes me think there will be 2 more Childe Morgan books, not 1.  This seems to be the way KK writes, the first book of a story arc develops the conflict and ends without that conflict being resolved, the 2nd book resolves the conflict, sometimes leaving plot threads for future books.

Deryni Rising

Deryni Checkmate
High Deryni

The Bishops's Heir
The King's Justice

The Quest for Saint Camber
King Kelson Bride

Camber of Culdi
Saint Camber

Camber the Heretic
The Harrowing of Gwynedd

King Javen's Year
The Bastard Prince

In the King's Service
Childe Morgan

Elkhound

IMHO, both King's Service and Childe Morgan had enough plot for two books, or even three, each crammed into one.  Both had so many events alluded to or described briefly that cried out for more thorough treatment.  If KK needs to write two books to avoid the 'shoehorn effect', more power to her.

Lochiel

I too am very intrigued with 948. I am very new on here but have read people discussing a "Road To Killingford". If one of our more esteemed members could elaborate I would certainly appreciate it.  Slainte
"And as they tread the ruined Isle,
Where rest, at length,
the lord and slave,
They'll wondering ask, how hands so vile,
Could conquer hearts so brave?"
Thomas Moore

Evie

"The Road to Killingford" is the tentative title to the book KK is working on next, which as the title implies will deal with the events leading up to that fateful battle in Gwynedd's and Torenth's history.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Lochiel

OMG that sounds AWESOME!  Can't hardly wait for it!  Any idea for a release date? Thank you Evie
"And as they tread the ruined Isle,
Where rest, at length,
the lord and slave,
They'll wondering ask, how hands so vile,
Could conquer hearts so brave?"
Thomas Moore

Elkhound

Quote from: Mak on August 22, 2008, 09:05:49 AM
I agree that a fourth book would be great!  Not only because it's another Deryni book, but like others, I felt that the last few had far too many things going on for one story.  And some of those got short-changed a bit, IMO, in trying to get it all into one volume.  Adding one would allow some of the stories to be spread out and detailed more.

Exactly; each of the books in the Childe Morgan trilogy had enough plot for a trilogy.

Evie

Quote from: Lochiel on May 25, 2016, 05:56:19 PM
OMG that sounds AWESOME!  Can't hardly wait for it!  Any idea for a release date? Thank you Evie

Well, she needs to finish writing more than just the title first.   ;D  She hasn't actually started writing the novel yet, just some of the initial plot outline, I think.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!