• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:05:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Balance of Power--Appendix: House of Haldane genealogy

Started by Evie, January 18, 2016, 04:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Sorry I forgot to post this earlier, Laurna and anyone else who was interested:

House of Haldane

Click on the link above to get to the Google Doc, since there doesn't seem to be an easy way to export it as a graphic.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Yes! How every cool!

You may expect an email from me soon about how many generations between Halbert and Aubrey and if Celeste McLain was the daughter of Duke McLain of Cassan.  So don't be two surprised. LOL.  Love it!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

I have no idea how many generations there were between Halbert and Aubrey, although I can tell you that Malcolm and Aubrey's mother was born about a century prior to the events in BoP, and Halbert was exiled to Camberia maybe 100 to 150 years before that, so maybe you can speculate from there.

Similarly, while I know that Morgan Haldane is a cousin to Maureen and her daughter Eilonwy, I don't know the exact relationship between his mother and the present Duke, Maureen's father.  Celeste would probably have been too young to be the Duke's sister unless she was a very much younger sister, since she would have been from around Maureen's generation.  I'm thinking she might have been descended from one of the Duke's siblings, therefore Maureen's first cousin.  Or possibly she was a descendant of one of the Duke's father's siblings.  For that matter, Fr Devlin's bishop (the auxiliary bishop of Rhemuth) is Sarah McLain, though I think her family line diverged from the ducal one quite early on, so any relationship to Maureen, etc., is very distant.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

Thank you for the chart.  It helps put all the relationships in perspective. 

One must wonder how it will unfold from here.  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany