• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:00:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 238
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 195
Total: 195
Google
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Big smile on my face

Started by AnnieUK, July 30, 2013, 01:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieUK

Squeee!

Have just seen the first iteration of the cover art. It's gone back for a couple of changes, but I'm on a massive high right now.  ;D

Where's the bouncing smiley when I need it?

Evie

;D  *bounce!*   ;D  *bounce!*   ;D
Will that do in lieu of an actual bouncing smiley? 
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

Here, Annie, how about these? 

--WARNING!!!--

AnnieUK

Yup, that's pretty much me at the moment! :)

Evie

So when do we get to see the cover art?

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

This is fantastic!
I'll do a little jig for you. Can not wait to see it.
May your horses have wings and fly!

AnnieUK

I'll post the final version. It's gone back for revisions. :)

Jerusha

I can hardly wait to see the cover art! 

Um, how is book three coming?  I've been wondering how your main character is coping these days.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

AnnieUK

LOL! Are you worried I'm torturing him some more?

I'm about a quarter of the way through the draft. I've stalled for a few days while I let my subconscious chew over some plot points. I'm actually trying to work out how to be a little bit nice to him, without it being cheesy. After all, I've put him through the mill for 2 years and 225K words so far; I've got to cut him some slack eventually.

AnnieUK

I meant to put this live in the New Year, but seemingly I pressed a button. Or didn't press a button. Or something. Anyway, it's now on Amazon all over the place (although the US site has a phantom book there that I can't see how to get rid of...)

I'll make no bones about the fact that the paperback is expensive, but seemingly print on demand for a 400 page book just *is*. But if I've pushed the right buttons (not hopeful, frankly, given my track record with Amazon's system!) you can download a free ebook if you buy the paperback. The paperback is discounted a little at the moment, for reasons I haven't determined yet, so if you prefer paper to pixels, now is a good time to snag it. The ebook is way cheaper as there aren't all the printing overheads and so on.

If you do read it, and you like it, I'd love for you to put a review on Amazon. Reviews are useful not just there, but some blogs and promotion sites ask for a certain number of Amazon reviews before they'll even consider it. I need to get it set up on Goodreads sometime, too, but I need a break from those darn buttons for a day or two...

Anyway, ebook is here http://www.amazon.com/Crowchanger-Changers-Chandris-A-Smyth-ebook/dp/B00HCQ24OU/ on .com

I shall now crawl away and indulge in some more imposter syndrome. Mods, feel free to remove this if it breaks any board rules or anything, but some folks said they were interested in taking a look.

Jerusha

Yea Annie! 

I will do my best to give you a very, VERY favourable review!  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

I don't see where it breaks any board rules, seeing as it IS in the off-topic section, but bynw is the final authority on that sort of thing.

I'll ask him tomorrow, when he's awake.  I'm sure he's asleep right now as it's 11pm his time now and he has to get up for work at zero-dark-thirty.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Huzzah, Annie!   :D

Looking at the paperback book specs shown on your Amazon listing, it looks like they are printing up the hardcopy versions as trade paperback size rather than mass market paperback size, so for a larger trade-size paperback, that pricing is about average, I think.  The mass market paperbacks tend to run between $6 to $10 on average, but I think they also use less paper, so the markup for a trade paperback seems reasonable to me. 

I went ahead and bought the Kindle version, though I may spring for the paperback later on the off-chance I might manage to twist the author's arm for an autograph.   ;)  So, have you managed to get up the nerve yet to mention to Hubby that you've written over 2/3 of a trilogy and that you're now a published book author?   Or does he still have no clue what all that notebook scribbling and nocturnal keyboard tapping is all about?   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

Congratulations, Annie! I'm envious as all heck. =o) Well done! :D 8)

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DesertRose

Okay, bynw and I just had a quick chat; all's well.  He did say that if it had been an independent post instead of part of an existing thread, it might have been better placed in Trading Post, but since we were already discussing this in Tid Bits, it can just stay where it is.

So, Annie, nope, you don't get away that easily.  :D

I won't have the money to buy anything that isn't food or fuel for my car until early January, but I may very well acquire the paperback, because I don't own a Kindle or a smartphone with a Kindle app.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)