• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:10:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

I loved Iain and Kelson's conversation. The revelation of Darcy's marriage to the older brother is just too much fun.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

I think Kelson's sense of humor was showing. A little wicked to throw that in at the end of the communication.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Nice piece of writing, Jerusha! I'm hoping Feyd will share that Washburn's true memories will return. Feyd seems to be a man not without his own code of honor.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DerynifanK

I have difficulty associating  honor with Feyd. He is an assassin  for hire, a mercenary  who kills for money not out of any belief in a leader or cause. I went back to read some posts from the time Wash was abducted. I thought what was done to him was pretty unforgivable.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

Oh Feyd has honor, to a point. And yes he is an assassin and mercenary. Which means he fights mostly for coin, if there is no coin in it then someone will probably not become a casualty on the sidelines. Get in his way, try to stop him from reaching his goal or target. Then you become fair game. If you cross or betray him, then you can become fair game. And a lesson to others not to do the same. So he does have some points of honor. He wont fight fairly, but he is honest. He does have a code that he follows. And he does fight for a cause and a leader, since he is ranked high within an order of assassins.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Bynw

That's what I get for not paying attention. 3 days ago on the 26th marks the 1 year that the opening game post was made in the Ghosts of the Past thread. We've been playing this for a year now.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Wow. That's amaziing. And it is still exciting  and absorbing. Still always anxious to see what happens next. And the writing  has constantly  gotten better and better. Great job GM and all the writers!!!

DerynifanK

Did you think, last November, that a year later the  game would still be going strong and getting better all the time. Congratulations  to all of you.

revanne

This time last year I went down with shingles which although very painful gave me time to dream up Columcil. I didn't quite realise how stroppy he was going to be.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Ok, I have to ask. What is stroppy? 
Is he ever loving, ever caring man looking after his friends and the beasts around him. Is he pervasive in your thoughts, as he enjoys telling you what he wants to do next? If so I totally understand.  ;)
Amazing that we hit the One year mark. Love the people I am writing with. Looking forward to where the story goes next.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

I wondered if Stroppy was a Britishism.

Stroppy means someone who can be hot-tempered and argumentative. Having a strop means losing one's temper, but it can be good because it means that someone is not a push-over.

In Columcil's case I meant that he does things in his own way and is not good at doing something just because he has been told. And he won't put up with nonsense, regardless of who it comes from. And yes, he has ideas of his own - like riding off bareback on Shadow.

It's been a good journey, and it's not finished yet.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Jerusha, question or two. Since Wash is no longer held by Valerian/Brioc won't Darcy's mission change? WIll he still need to find the fortress in the mountains? Will Wash rejoin Darcy and the others and who will then have the control Iain now has? If Columcil has been in rapport with Duncan, won't he know about the change in Wash's situation and share it with Brendan and Darcy? Seeing Aliset and Fiona as becoming quite a force.Asking because this will affect Fiona's next scene and how she tries to get back to the manor with help for the baron.

Jerusha

DerynifanK, I'll answer this in a PM.  I don't want to give too many of my thoughts away.  And our other illustrious adventurers may have ideas of their own.   ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Has it truly been a whole year already? I have enjoyed it soooo much and look forward to upcoming installments  I just want to get everyone safe home. And that idiot, Jaxom, his comeuppance.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.