• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Notice re: AnnieUK's story removals

Started by Evie, January 25, 2017, 09:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

The stories "Pretense of Strength" and "The Mischief Makers" (aka the "Jon stories") are being removed at AnnieUK's request, although "A Leap of Faith" and "The Battle of Brendan" will remain for our reading enjoyment.  I didn't want anyone to panic and think these stories were inadvertently lost during the fanfiction board redesign.

ETA: Added "The Battle of Brendan" to the original post.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

I am sorry to see 'Jon's stories' go. I just hope that means somewhere in the future they will be reinvented into something independent. Good luck, Annie.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

I have always thought that Jon was the prototype for Silas in her Changers of Chandris series.  He might not be, but I found there were many similarities.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

AnnieUK

Well, they did overlap for a while, in terms of when they were being written, so that's maybe why. The main character I've got in my co-written series probably shares traits, too, honestly, but the characters in the two solo things I'm noodling around with are very different.

Laurna

Fun, Fun Annie. One can not but love that which requires "noodling around".  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

I am sorry to see the Jon stories go away. I really enjoyed them and will miss the opportunity  to reread them. Hope to see some new fanfic soon.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance