• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 376
Total: 376
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:33:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New addition to my family

Started by Laurna, August 04, 2013, 01:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

I brought home my new puppy yesterday.  She is a tri-colored Cavalier. She is eleven weeks old.  She loves to run around and wants very much to play with my other dogs.  The boys love her and play with her,  but Sugar is not yet sure what to do with her.   The two girls slept one under each of my arms last night. (The boys belong to my sister.)
The breeder has named  her Mama Mia on her papers. I want to name her Jessa,  so she is becoming Jessa Mia, but my family is laughing at that name. So what to do?
May your horses have wings and fly!

Elkhound

Jerusha

I like Jessa Mia!  Please give her a welcoming belly-rub on my behalf.   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

She's your dog, so call her whatever you want.  Remember that her "official" name that she is registered under doesn't have to be at all related to the nickname that you choose to call her.  If she needs to know her "official" name and be trained to respond to it, then call her by both.  Most dogs are bright enough to figure out they've got a "show" or "training" name and also the name(s) that their loved ones call them in everyday situations.  My Luke has been called and responds to "Luke," "Lukey," "Lukeybookey," "Bookey," "Lucas-Bookas," "Lukey-Kabookie" and pretty much anything with an "oo" sound in it, really...especially if it's time for breakfast or dinner, in which case he doesn't care what you call him just so long as you call him!   ;D  And Gigi's actual name is Giraffe Giraffe Pickle Sophronia Annabeth I-Nibble-Toes, paired with my husband's surname.  Yeah, we got a bit carried away when the family tried to name her, and couldn't settle on just one.   But we just call her Gigi, unless she's getting into mischief, in which case I'm likely to call her by the full string to let her know she's in trouble.  ;)  And "officially" her subcutaneous tracker was registered under the name "Patty" when the animal shelter we adopted her from tagged her, but Gigi has never been called Patty a day in her life since she came home to live with us.  "Patty" just doesn't suit her.

For that matter, the name that is on my own birth certificate isn't the name that my family calls me, nor is it anywhere close to the name I use online.  So call your puppy whatever you like best.  Her registered name is just a form of official identification, it doesn't define who she is in your heart.

Oh, and don't forget to add Jessa's photo to the Fur Kids section of our Gallery!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Jerusha

Jessa's photo in the gallery is so cute!  Lovely little girl!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany