• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,559
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 322
Total: 322
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:47:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I found my long lost dog

Started by Laurna, April 16, 2013, 04:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

I'm the happiest person ever. I have my dog, Sugar, back in my arms.

We lost my little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel back on 3/16. We had taken one dog to an out-of-town dog show and when we came home my other three dogs had dug a hole under two fences.  After panicking all evening we got a call that someone had picked two of the three dogs, however, my sweet Sugar had run away.  For thirty days I got numerous calls  saying they kept seeing her in a two block radius three blocks away. This was across a major intersection.  I walked there twice a day, I took my other dogs, I left food ever day under two bushes.  Last Friday driving home from work, I actually saw her at midnight in the middle of the street, but she ran from my car and I never got close enough to call her.
Today someone saw her, we ran right over and there she was under a bush. She was never so happy to see me,  and I cried tears when I held her in my arms.  After food and a bath she  is asleep in my lap. Now I don't want to go to work.

May everyone have happiness in their lives today.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

I'm so happy to hear she turned up safe and sound!  That's wonderful news, Laurna.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Shiral

Quote from: Laurna on April 16, 2013, 04:01:48 PM
I'm the happiest person ever. I have my dog, Sugar, back in my arms.

We lost my little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel back on 3/16. We had taken one dog to an out-of-town dog show and when we came home my other three dogs had dug a hole under two fences.  After panicking all evening we got a call that someone had picked two of the three dogs, however, my sweet Sugar had run away.  For thirty days I got numerous calls  saying they kept seeing her in a two block radius three blocks away. This was across a major intersection.  I walked there twice a day, I took my other dogs, I left food ever day under two bushes.  Last Friday driving home from work, I actually saw her at midnight in the middle of the street, but she ran from my car and I never got close enough to call her.
Today someone saw her, we ran right over and there she was under a bush. She was never so happy to see me,  and I cried tears when I held her in my arms.  After food and a bath she  is asleep in my lap. Now I don't want to go to work.

May everyone have happiness in their lives today.
I'm so glad to hear Sugar is home safe again, Laurna. I'm sure she is glad to be home, too. How worried you must have been about her! I had my dear cat Francesca go missing outside for a few hours, and I was absolutely frantic about getting her back home safe.  If she'd been missing a month, I'd have been heartbroken. Give Sugar a biscuit and a welcome home pat on my behalf.
;D

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Laurna

My dogs are my children and they are a very precious to me.  I was full of tears and frustration for weeks. Every time someone would call, I get crazy with hope, only to come home empty handed. Last week a lady saw me walking Rexxar and came running out of her house, "you found your dog". When I said no this is Sugar's daddy she went on to tell me how the week before Sugar had slept on her front porch for three days but they could not catch her. We found her five houses down, on the front porch of an empty house behind a thick hedge where an old dog bed was haphazardly left.  You could not see the porch from the street.  I should have been walking up to all the houses.  I guess my being the crazy woman on the street calling "Sugar, Sugar" was not enough to bring her out.
All is well today, she slept at my side last night and was quite happy to be home. Perhaps a bit of separation anxiety, she will not let me out of her sight.

Sugar is in the middle,  Rexxar on the left and Ivan, the black, tan and white is on the right.  These are my Three Cavaliers from last Halloween.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

They're adorable!  You should post their picture up in the "Fur Kids" section of the forum's Gallery, if you haven't already.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

My elderly Cavalier, Teddy, is very glad your Sugar is back home safe.  They are a very special breed of dog.

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

derynifanatic64

Glad to see your entire family REUNITED!!  That was a great song by Peaches and Herb.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Elkhound

This is great!  St. Francis was looking out for you.