• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:19:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 211
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 186
Total: 186
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Maidens of Mayhem Chapter 31

Started by Evie, July 29, 2010, 10:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

Quote from: Elkhound on July 31, 2010, 01:54:18 PM
I know the one

"He nae be me 'husband."
"No more mine."
"He be nae man from our village."

The man passes out under a wagon, with his legs sticking out into the road.  Three women come by together, and, wondering who he is, lift up his kilt to see if they recognize. . .him.  Hence the three responses.

TKnTexas

I am new to the site.  Having completed this story was so great.  I so needed Deryni fix and this helped tremendously.  Thank you.
Thomas Hill

Evie

Quote from: TKnTexas on April 22, 2013, 11:17:59 PM
I am new to the site.  Having completed this story was so great.  I so needed Deryni fix and this helped tremendously.  Thank you.

Thank you for reading and leaving feedback!  If you look at my "Suggested Reading Order" post tacked at the top of the Deryni fanfic section, you can see where the various sequels to this story start.  Or if you prefer, you can find most of them on Fanfiction.net now.  (That format might be a little easier to catch up in if you have to bookmark a chapter halfway through a novel-length work, since several of my stories are novella to novel length, though I suppose you can also bookmark a chapter here on your browser easily enough.)  I have nearly all of them up to Possessed on that site, and will add the rest sometime when life is a little less hectic. 

If you write fanfic, we'd love to see more stories added to the board.  If you've never tried your hand at it, don't let that stop you.  Annie was a first-time storyteller when she posted her first fanfic here, and Laurna approached the whole ordeal with fear and trembling only to find that no one's run her off the board thus far....  ;)  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Hi Tk glad to see you here.  Good morning Evie. Love, love this story.
Yes, if you write we would love to read it. Please. And Evie, if it was not for your editing I would have been run off the board a long time back. I'm still holding my breath to see if I can make it to the end.

As for the Scotsman, I do not know where you have been, but I see you have won first prize" I first heard a story-man tell it on a late night when I worked at our Renaissance faire. About two hundred people all in faire attire sat on bales of hay as a man on the stage with only a candle to light his face told us the story, along with many others. I never will forget that night. :)
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

I loved this! the three young ladies were delightful and I enloyed their adventures. I also lived the glumpses of Kelson and his life between QFSC and KKB. I only found these late last year but I really enjoy your stories.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Evie

Quote from: DerynifanK on February 01, 2016, 04:16:51 PM
I loved this! the three young ladies were delightful and I enloyed their adventures. I also lived the glumpses of Kelson and his life between QFSC and KKB. I only found these late last year but I really enjoy your stories.

I'm glad you enjoyed Maidens of Mayhem, and I hope you continue reading the rest of the story arc. Celsie's story picks back up in The Demoiselle and Derry, and all three ladies turn up now and then in other stories.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Shiral

Is a "glumpse" a peek into the life of a depressed person? =o)  Well I guess Kelson would qualify at least part of that time, since he was busy sighing over losing Rothana.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

revanne

Making a "Grumpse" a glimpse into the life of our favourite curmudgeon ;)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)