• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:04:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Woo hoo!  Go Sir Richard and Seamus!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Go get em Richard and Seamus!  Scuttle em! The more losses Valerian suffers the better!
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Two lovely additions to the game! I'd almost forgotten about Sir Richard and Valerian's heavily diminished fleet.  Pile it on, boys! They are there for the taking!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Laurna

Oh My, Revanne. What delemmas there be while at sea. I am loving that Seamus has a head upon his shoulders, even if he breaks into Gallic which I sorta understand. Sorta, LOL. Oh what will Richard do. He not be liking to be a dog chasing a cat into the bay of Laas with out at least making the cat aware that he his being chased.
Love it.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Oh dear, just when I think we are down to the nitty-gritty, we're not. Revanne you are very good at cliffhangers but my fingers are about to give out. These installments remind me of the serials they used to show at the movies on Saturday afternoons (if you are old enough to remember those). Seamus is right however, the men they are carrying are not sailors but men-at-arms, good fighters but on land and Rory needs them. Is this perhaps where Dhugal is asked to create a storm for the Tolans? Woman need the resolution before I have no fingernails left.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

Love the suspense, and masterfully done.  Hard for Richard not to press forward in vengeance, but Seamus is right.  While the sea can be a fickle mistress, she may reward those who wait for the right winds to press forward.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Jerusha

The battle for Laas has commenced, and we are left in suspense, wondering which way the battle will go.  Nicely done, Laurna!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Great scenes Laurna. More excitement. It's now time for Javan and his army to arrive and trap Valerian where he is. Hope Kelric can indeed heal himself, can't afford to lose him. As I recall, there are healers with Javan also.  Looking forward to that and to the rest of Revanne's story of the fate of the two fleets, Tolan and Cassan.

HoundMistress

Delightful additions; great read!! I hope they will get the big man out of the gate room and get it back down to hold the gate. Nice recovery on the part of Jaxom, remembering that Kelric told him to give credit where due. Maybe there's hope for him after all. Waiting to hear the fate of the fleets. Very good work all! I can hardly wait for the next installments.
Judy Ward

Jerusha

Wonderful scene, Laurna!  Let's hope Kelric can at least stop the bleeding before the other Healer gets there.

Nice scene with Jaxom, DerynifanK!  As the earl said, there may be hope for him yet.  Maybe.

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

It's been a busy week in the Ghosts of the Past. And things don't look good for Valerian or the Mearan rebels. The war maybe be over and done with in a short time frame here.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Valerian should be sorely missing his powers about now.  If only Chantal's assassins had done the job they were supposed to have done. If only that Fleet from Talon had made land fall when it was supposed to have landed and supplied him with more men. He should instruct his Deryni knights to cause such a storm as would befit his anger.   If only that battering ram had gotten that gate down in the first few blows. If only Valerian still had that brother of the Duke of Corwyn in his possession, he would have  felt great satisfaction tieing the beaten helpless man to the roof of his siege weapon. The Laas garrison would never have dared to attack it for fear of killing his hostage.  Then when he had taken the city and the injured Duke of Corwyn came to surrender at his feet and beg for mercy for himself and his brother, Valerian Festil would have so happily struck down both the sons of the old Duke of Corwyn with a bolt of power just the same way he had struck down his father's killer. Only then would his revenge be fully assuaged.

So I believe  Grand Duke Valerian, youngest son of Teymuraz, will be thinking just about now.

Good job ladies, but the game is no where near over yet. I am very worried about that storm seen out at sea.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Interesting. Temuraz was killed in a fair fight, a duel arcane with Alaric. On the other hand, what Valerian did to Alaric was murder.
Different views.

HoundMistress

Great addition, Jerusha! I was worried about that room over the murder holes. The big guy could have thrown the whole battle.
Judy Ward

revanne

Amazing writing - I'm getting worried by those storms now!
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)