• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:11:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

And the plot thickens! What a delicious stew we have cooking on our stove. I am intrigued.
I wouldn't say the scholar is reluctant to turn over Wash. but he has an entirely different agenda for turning Wash over than any of us have thought of before. Wash is still in a very bad position but an escape door is being set to get him out of the Pit of Despair in what I hope to be in better condition than Wesley was. Fortunately, there is always Miracle Max.

lol oops fandom sliding again. We just saw the Princess Bride on Classic night at our local theater. Love that film
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

I wonder just who Darcy was imagining the target to be?
😉
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

A great description of Darcy's swordsmanship, especially  his ability to use either hand. I hope that sometime soon he will be able to see Lady Aliset. I'm not sure he knows yet what happened. I'm  thinking Kelson has not had time to meet with him. Quite a tangle to unravel. Can't  wait to see what happens next.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

You just doubly increased my respect for Lord Darcy. I thank you for a good Monday morning image.

Jerusha

I feel distressed for Washburn.  Not only is he tormented (mentally and physically) by Feyd, he does not know that Aliset is safe.  Another torment on top of too many others.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Both of you wrote very well & bynw also. Anxious for Wash, I imagine at some point Darcy may win the fair maid back. I hope so. Jaxom should be flogged for making himself available to the malicious machanizations of the evil ones.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

revanne

Getting better and better Laurna. Love how even in these awful circumstances Wash is maturing as a character.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

More concerned for Wash. Interrogating gray beard will not help in finding him as I had hoped since it seems unlikely  he will know much  if anything about Feyd. They were not allies but apparently just there at the same time by accident.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Evie

Quote from: judywward on June 11, 2018, 07:12:56 PM
Both of you wrote very well & bynw also. Anxious for Wash, I imagine at some point Darcy may win the fair maid back. I hope so. Jaxom should be flogged for making himself available to the malicious machanizations of the evil ones.

LOL, poor Jaxom!  I don't much like him either, but to be fair, he really had no more choice in his actions than Lord Derry did under those circumstances. And he did nothing that any of our heroes (or ourselves) wouldn't have done in his situation. How could he have known that a random collision with a passing stranger wasn't random at all, but deliberately planned so the stranger could take over his mind? The only thing he was truly guilty of was being so distracted by thoughts of Aliset that he didn't pay sufficient attention to where he was walking, and that could have happened to Darcy nearly as easily. (And if it had, we'd be rightfully outraged at the attacker and wishing flogging or worse on him, not on poor Darcy!)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

Darcy may have had a chance at resisting greybeard, since he does have shields.  It would have been a disadvantage roll, though, and we know how well dice rolls tend to go.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Jerusha

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

I feel for Richard. As Captain of his ship, he did what he thought he should do by taking action in a fast manor.
This has brought up an interesting point. Gwynedd's Deryni nobility have all been brought into the ethics of high moral values and personal freedom. So much so that the human population has forgotten why the generations before them feared Deryni.  It makes sense that the old fears were swept under the carpet, allowing both sets of people to trust one another.  I hope these Deryni who abuse others freedoms will be brought to justice, long before the fear of all Deryni again spreads though the population.

I hope Richard will come to see that it isn't the power that needs fearing but the man willing to abuse that power. A tough lessen but if anyone can win back Richard, it will be Dhugal.

revanne

Quote from: Laurna on June 14, 2018, 04:08:28 AM
I feel for Richard. As Captain of his ship, he did what he thought he should do by taking action in a fast manor.
This has brought up an interesting point. Gwynedd's Deryni nobility have all been brought into the ethics of high moral values and personal freedom. So much so that the human population has forgotten why the generations before them feared Deryni.  It makes sense that the old fears were swept under the carpet, allowing both sets of people to trust one another.  I hope these Deryni who abuse others freedoms will be brought to justice, long before the fear of all Deryni again spreads though the population.

I hope Richard will come to see that it isn't the power that needs fearing but the man willing to abuse that power. A tough lessen but if anyone can win back Richard, it will be Dhugal.

I wasn't thinking of the wider implications that Laurna makes when I wrote what Richard said, just trying to reflect what he would think when the rules have so dramatically changed from Deryni are powerful but they only use that power in the pursuit of good and the restraint of evil to Deryni can take over a human mind in the pursuit of their own interests. However I am now wondering if encouraging human hostility to the Deryni nobility of Gwynedd might not be part of Valerian's game plan.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

But Valerian is also Deryni. If he promotes hatred and fear of Deryni  won't that also affect him and his accomplices? After his murder of Lord Dunstan as well as the massacre in the castle, I  was wondering  if the Mearan people might  turn against the separatists.

revanne

In the long term I agree it might be a bad strategy although if he is content to rule through naked power and fear it might not matter so much. In the short-term anything that can disrupt the Pax Kelsonia  and divide the people of Gwybedd must surely be to his advantage. Hopefully though, as you suggest, this will all backfire on him.
(Psalm 46 v1)