• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 263
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 246
Total: 247
DoctorM
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:10:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

Quote from: DesertRose on June 30, 2018, 11:11:32 PM
Quote from: Laurna on June 30, 2018, 09:56:50 PM
Never lose HOPE! and don't worry so much about the dice. "They are more like guidelines anyway!" ;D (don't tell Bynw I said that.  :-X )

Bynw has on multiple occasions said he runs role-playing games, not roll-playing games.  He will fudge a dice roll in a hot minute if it serves the plot.  ;)

It's difficult to do that with a play-by-post game though.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DesertRose

Quote from: Bynw on June 30, 2018, 11:16:48 PM
Quote from: DesertRose on June 30, 2018, 11:11:32 PM
Quote from: Laurna on June 30, 2018, 09:56:50 PM
Never lose HOPE! and don't worry so much about the dice. "They are more like guidelines anyway!" ;D (don't tell Bynw I said that.  :-X )

Bynw has on multiple occasions said he runs role-playing games, not roll-playing games.  He will fudge a dice roll in a hot minute if it serves the plot.  ;)

It's difficult to do that with a play-by-post game though.

But not impossible.  :P
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Laurna, please don't apologise for your writing, the emotional intensity of Wash's situation and how you are writing it is very powerful, and if it is sad, then that is where the story is at the moment. but not for ever, and dice can be subverted (mostly!).

It is all our responsibility to move the story along - well actually Bynw's but you let a group of writers into a game and look what happens. We are only a week and a half in, after all.

As for Brendan and Jamyl, I think that they would have thought it part of the duty they owe to the King to put some of the merchant's wares to the test to ensure that along with his other negligences he is not dealing in substandard produce.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

I do have a question. Since Feyd has basically taken away Washburns power and made him like a human, would the Blue Fyre even work for him?
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

Washburn's powers are not blocked: he needs to be regularly dosed with the Merasha like substance to prevent them returning. So I assume if the dosing stopped then his powers would gradually return and he would be open to the effects of the Blue Fyre
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Quote from: DerynifanK on July 01, 2018, 10:50:37 AM
I do have a question. Since Feyd has basically taken away Washburns power and made him like a human, would the Blue Fyre even work for him?

Feyd has taken away Washburn's power through some combination of some old healer drugs. This makes him very much like a human. While the drugs are in his system he has no access to his powers or Shields. And is therefore easy to control and set controls that would probably work even when Wash's powers returned once the drugs were stopped and they had time to leave his system.

Quote from: revanne on July 01, 2018, 11:08:58 AM
Washburn's powers are not blocked: he needs to be regularly dosed with the Merasha like substance to prevent them returning. So I assume if the dosing stopped then his powers would gradually return and he would be open to the effects of the Blue Fyre

Actually Blue Fyre acts as an antidote to Merasha and the substance that Feyd is giving to Washburn. It would burn it all out and Wash's powers would snap back and be extremely powerful for the few hours as Blue Fyre runs its course. But given the side effects of Blue Fyre, I wouldnt recommend using it as an antidote unless circumstances were grave indeed.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Demercia

I suppose I shouldn't cheer😀
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

DerynifanK

Jaxom apparently  never learns. He insulted Aliset right in front of the King. Hurrah for Darcy! If anyone should be punished it's Jaxom. Hope Kelson will agree.

revanne

Why do I get the distinct impression that Kelson is cheering inwardly.

What a pity Feyd didn't kidnap Jaxom, they deserve each other.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Thank you, noble friends, for your approval.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

I agree Revanne. They would have made the perfect couple 

Laurna

Laurna raises a glass (of hot tea ) to drink a toast with King, Prince, and Archbishop.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Jerusha raises morning coffee to join the toast to Sir Richard!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

What a fine bit of writing to all!! I'm so glad to see Jaxom really punished & that Aliset approved enough to take Darcy's arm! Could not believe that cur, Jaxom, had the absolute nerve to accuse the lady of improper behavior to press his suit. I won't be unhappy if he falls in battle. Probably from being struck in the back while running away.  What a swine he is! I'm glad the Blue Fyre won't cause Wash permanent insanity, just allow him an opportunity to escape, which I surely hope he will do. Bravo!!!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.