• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47
Google (5)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The Casting Call!

Started by Bynw, March 06, 2007, 07:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

Plus Peter O'Toole has the right tall slender blond look for a MacRorie.  Pity he's not aging well, or that we can't turn back time to 10 or 15 years ago when he looked a bit more well.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

GrtWhtShark

Peter Weller (of Robocop fame) as Edmund Loris
Jim Cavizel as Duncan
Julian Sands looks a little too menacing to be Morgan. How about Aaron Eckhart?
Gerard Butler as Brion (or Nigel)
Cate Blanchett as Jehenna
Michelle Pfeiffer as Charissa
Sean William Scott as Connell

Gyrfalcon64207

What about Rollo Weeks for Kelson?  He played a youngster in The Theif Lord, when he was 20.

Shiral

Just thought of a good possibility to play Brion: Rufus Sewell. Although if it's in DR, it's really pretty much a cameo for him. But I have something of a soft spot for him in my heart.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Shiral

Quote from: Shiral on June 27, 2008, 07:01:32 PM
Just thought of a good possibility to play Brion: Rufus Sewell. Although if it's in DR, it's really pretty much a cameo for him. But I have something of a soft spot for him in my heart.

Melissa

Another brainstorm. Ciaran Hinds who played Julius Caesar in Rome would make a great Alister Cullen. Or possibly Cinhil.

Having seen Troy Unfortunately, the only person I see Brad Pitt playing is.... Brad Pitt wearing various funny costumes.  Julia Ormond, whom I rather liked, seems to have vanished from the acting scene. But I thought she might make a passable Jehana.  Or for the older Jehana, perhaps Emma Thompson.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

jemler (RIP)

Here's one for Azim or al-Rasoil - Oded Fehr. He played Ardeth Bey on the Mummy with Brendan Fraser.
John Rhys-Davies could play Duke Ewan of Claibaorne I think.
I already mentioned in chat about Brzad Dourif playing Gorony.

adagiomin

Always love to check in here and see how it's going.  (Sorry I've not posted much but I became a grandmother this April past and am loving it!  Gabriel Joseph is his name and he's now 6 mos. old and the happiest baby I've ever known--my daughter and her husband don't know how fortunate they are to have such a good baby.) ;D

And now the question:  is there any more to a real movie deal for KK and DR, or is all this casting fun just that--just a bit of whimsical supposition on the part of ardent fans?

I love Rufus Sewell, Melissa!  And Brion can always appear in flashbacks, and therefore have a substantial role after all.

Oh, and I think Oded Fehr would make a wonderful Azim--but I also think that's jumping the gun a bit--one novel/movie at a time, please. ;)

And no one commented on my choice for Morgan so I will reiterate here--Kevin McKidd.  His series Journeyman was cancelled (idiots!) so it's a bit tougher to see him in action, but he has a few movies in production, and did a guest spot on Grey's Anatomy on this season's opener (and I only watched it to see him).  Cast as Dylan Thomas in a upcoming film about the writer, he is also being considered for the part of "Thor" in the proposed Marvel movie.

I love many of the choices considered here, but would prefer unknowns and/or British actors over Americans for obvious reasons--unless American actors can affect the proper accents for the roles.  Color me biased, but that's the way I've always heard the characters voices in my head.

Off-topic I know, but also sorry to learn of the Con's cancellation.  Was planning on attending if my ride could have been had, but that fell through some time ago.  I'm not even doing PA Ren Faire this year for the same reasons.  (Did do a week at Pennsic this August past--my fourth year!)  Hope those from this group that did go this past weekend had a great time there--I've been attending it for almost twenty years now and it's a great fair.

adagiomin

Quote from: adagiomin on October 14, 2008, 03:13:51 PM
And now the question:  is there any more to a real movie deal for KK and DR, or is all this casting fun just that--just a bit of whimsical supposition on the part of ardent fans?

And now that I've prematurely posted that before reading the chat posts, I'll answer my own question--I see that it is more real than not!  To quote KK from the Sept 28th chatlog:  "...It looks like the script of DR is going to sell.  It's gone to legal.  More reports next week,I hope."

Wonderful news!

tenworld

I like Kevin Mckidd also, but he is too dour for Morgan (although maybe is good enough actor to do that).
He might make a good Arilan

Russell Crowe has much more the attitude I think of as Morgan, although he may be too old now

Elkhound

Quote from: jemler on August 31, 2008, 07:11:32 PM
Here's one for Azim or al-Rasoil - Oded Fehr. He played Ardeth Bey on the Mummy with Brendan Fraser.

What about Alexander Siddig, Dr. Bashir from ST:DS9?

Obiwan3

Would Siddig be mysterious, almost sinister, enough. I've mentally pictured Azim in that light. Not quite sure if he's a bad guy until well into his storyline. An intriguing role.

Elkhound

Quote from: Obiwan3 on October 19, 2008, 08:33:33 AM
Would Siddig be mysterious, almost sinister, enough. I've mentally pictured Azim in that light. Not quite sure if he's a bad guy until well into his storyline. An intriguing role.

I think he could be.  Before DS9 he played Saud (the founder of Saudi Arabia) in a BBC movie about the Arab Uprising (covering similar ground to Lawrence of Arabia.)  He was originally, on that basis, considered for Cisco, but after he took his beard off they realized he was too young.  I think that now that he's a bit older than he was then, he could do it.

thistlethorne

Saddig would be good.  I hadn't thought of him until someone else mentioned, but he would be a good choice.  I saw him in '24' and he can do ruthless quite well.  He was also in 'Syrianna' if you want to see him in close to appropriate garb for the part.
I believe cats to be spirit come to earth.
 A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud
   without coming through.
                   --Jules Verne

PaulaT

Yes, I would like to see this movie made. It sounds like the author of the script as read the books and has brought about a good script. As we fantasize about the casting, let us remember  ;)  just because we can't see the actor in the part, doesn't mean he or she can't do a great job bringing the character to life in the eventual film,( If and when the film is actually cast and filmed.)

After reading the postings, many of the suggestions I would have made have already been posted. I do like Nicole Kiddman for Jehenna and Jeremy Irons for Loris. love the idea of Helen Bohnam Carter but would she be too old to play CHarissa?. How about Robert Pattison? 
  Don't forget that lesser known players won't cost as much for the first movie, a big name in a few of the parts will give it weight and, appealing to the younger crowd by adding a "heart throb" who can act.
   I too "hear" the british accents and "see" certain people in certain roles.  It will be fun to see what happens with the movie.

Paula

If any question why we died , tell them, because our fathers lied.
Rudyard Kipling

"To live without faith, without a patrimony to defend, without a steady struggle for truth, that is not living, but existing."
—Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati

Gyrfalcon64207

What about Rutger Hauer for Camber, if they ever get around to those books?