• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:57:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,481
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 129
Total: 130

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Items for the Game

Started by Bynw, January 16, 2018, 06:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on April 28, 2018, 01:53:51 PM
Tavis used such drugs on Rhys which is how he "learned" about the blocking ability, straight from Rhys' unprotected mind. Rhys even told Tavis to fill him up with the drugs he swore only to use for healing and wade right in. So yes it does exist. And yes it is very useful for healing practices. And like any tool or Power, it can be used for evil.

And yes for short periods, just like Merasha, it can be overcome with great effort. I'm going to say there is an antidote for it. That quickens the recovery time once taken. Anyone have an old healer text around? Maybe in the King's Library.

I wonder if there might be a handy Healer's potion recipe or counterspell in Aliset's family grimoire?   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Bynw

For a Hero Point. it's a possibility :)
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on April 30, 2018, 03:26:59 PM
For a Hero Point. it's a possibility :)

Might be a worthwhile use of a Hero Point.   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

First off, Both Columcil and Washburn are Healers from the Thuryn line. What is the possibility that they may rediscover Rhys' blocking technique.  No drugs necessary. LOL
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Extract of Stenrect Crawler Venom

The sting of a Stenrect Crawler is very fatal. Fortunately these magical creatures are not normally found anywhere in the wild. They are only summoned to a location by a skilled Deryni Mage, and generally an unethical one at that.

The extraction of the venom of a Strenrect Crawler is known only to a very few. One wrong move and the Deryni attempting to obtain the venom will be it's victim instead. It is rumored in some select circles that the Deryni faction known as the Black Order of Death has perfected the calling of this creature and the extraction of its venom.

However it may be obtained it is used on the blade or other sharp instrument that penetrates the skin and draws out the blood of the victim. The victim usually does not survive the attack.

The venom, in this form, causes intense and constant pain with the victim unable to perform any other actions. They will bleed from their eyes, collapse under convulsions and then enter the mercy of being unconscious.

In game terms. The player must make a Save Test ever turn for 1d6+1 turns. For each failed Test the character takes 1 HP of damage.

It is said, that the Black Order of Death has a distilled and more potent version of this poison.

Jerusha

Were not merasha-soaked crossbow bolts bad enough?  Geez, Bynw!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

Quote from: Jerusha on February 09, 2019, 09:09:00 PM
Were not merasha-soaked crossbow bolts bad enough?  Geez, Bynw!

Oh this isn't anything new. This is what Feyd used against Brioc de Paor. He unfortunately survived.

Laurna

Any chance the Black Order developed an antidote. I mean you wouldn't want to accidentally cut your self with your own knife and not have a way to survive it.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Quote from: Laurna on February 09, 2019, 10:08:59 PM
Any chance the Black Order developed an antidote. I mean you wouldn't want to accidentally cut your self with your own knife and not have a way to survive it.

That would be telling.