• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121
Google (3)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

A future game

Started by Bynw, August 20, 2022, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you play in a LIVE game?

yes
1 (14.3%)
no
4 (57.1%)
depends
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Laurna

I agree Jerusha.  I even find I can not read more than a chapter or so of a book at a time because I like to contemplate on what is going on before I move on the the next part. If you read it all at once, you have no time to think about the possibilities.

I loved they way we played the game, but that was so all consumming for years that I am not sure I can devote that much time again. but a live D&D type game doesn't give enough time for contemplation. At least not for me.

But I am sure some people on the forum would love a live game.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

well the group has spoken. and i have heard you. the rules i am currently working on work best for a live game rather than a play by post sort of game.

because i want to finish this project i will. and then i will convert it over to Tiny Dungeon, the system used for Ghosts of the Past. it will be a fun project to do.

after that. then i will see if anyone wants to play.

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Bynw

Well as far as the rules go. They are pretty much done since all I had to do was tweak a few things from Ghosts of the Past.

The story idea is ready. The finer details are fuzzy but they don't need to be fully detailed out because that would leave no room for role-playing.

So as a reminder the following information is true:

1) This game will use the same rules as Ghosts of the Past. With a few tweaks but if someone played in that game. They could easily play in this one.

2) This game has Deryni and Empowered Humans.

3) This game is NOT set in the 11 Kingdoms at any time period. It just happens to have Deryni.

4) The time period is more like the Renaissance than the Middle Ages.

5) Due to the high Deryni population (they are not a minority), Deryni Magic is taken for granted.

6) Transfer Portals are common place.

7) Healers can be found everywhere.

8) Scholas for Deryni are everywhere.

9) The Church is still very important and like KK's Christian and usually not anti-Deryni or anti-Deryni Magic.

So is anyone interested in playing?

Jerusha

I'll have to pass this time, Bynw.  I don't think I will have the time to do it justice.  I will be following along, though!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Bynw, I am undecided at this time.  I have a lot of family commitments coming up. If I do play it will be as a tag along character not a main character. At least for the time being. I do hope someone who has not played before would like to be the leading forcing.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

That's perfectly fine.

3-4 players is all that are needed.