• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 114
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The Killing Season Chapter 9

Started by Evie, August 28, 2010, 10:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Sir Sextus, Seisyll's younger brother, also gave me a funny dream that I might work up into a story sometime, if I can ever figure out how to resolve it, since I woke up right in the middle of a scene in which he was in quite a panic over how to get out of the mess he'd gotten himself into....   :D

But no time for the panicked knight-in-distress until I'm done tormenting writing about the even more panicked and traumatized Duke-in-distress....   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

Just wanted to say that the sequel to this story is still in progress, albeit slowly.  Even more slowly than "The Killing Season" came along, and I felt like that one started off at a snail's pace.  It seems that the more angsty, complex and/or conflict-ridden stuff is much slower for me to write than the more light-hearted comedic tales that only take me a few hours to write a short-story or chapter for.

That said, I have four chapters more or less completed on the sequel story now and am about to dive into Chapter Five.  On "The Killing Season," I waited until I had something like five or six chapters written before starting to post chapters here, and by the time I had those posted, I had enough of the subsequent bits finished to continue posting the chapters more or less nightly (which is the pace I personally prefer so you readers don't have to wait so long between bits, but this is a really busy time of year for me IRL, so I might not be able to keep up that pace this time around).  With this one, since the writing is going more slowly, I didn't know if readers would prefer for me to wait until I'm pretty much done with the thing before I start to post it here, or if I should start posting when I'm halfway through, or if you want to go ahead and see the chapters I've already got, even if that means having to wait another long stretch before I'm ready to upload another batch of chapters?

And in the meantime, speaking of quick, lighthearted stuff, I took a break yesterday and wrote a Prince Javan (Kelson's heir, that is, not the original Javan) short-story that should be ready to post very soon, maybe tonight.  As I said, lighthearted stories I can do in a few brief hours.  Angst...oy!  ::)

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Quote from: Evie on August 29, 2010, 02:30:21 PM
She needs pale green eyes, but otherwise this could be Mirjana:

Except they've not even invented the harpsichord in Gwynned or the neighboring kingdoms, much less the piano.  (Which seems not quite right.  IIRC, their technology should permit keyboard instruments by now, including organs in at least the cathedrals.)

Evie

Quote from: Evie on September 15, 2010, 03:04:12 PM
With this one, since the writing is going more slowly, I didn't know if readers would prefer for me to wait until I'm pretty much done with the thing before I start to post it here, or if I should start posting when I'm halfway through, or if you want to go ahead and see the chapters I've already got, even if that means having to wait another long stretch before I'm ready to upload another batch of chapters?

I've only had one (off-forum) answer to this question, so here's what I think I'll do.  I'll try to get the first chapter of the sequel story uploaded today, since I'm about halfway through Chapter Six at present, and then aim for adding a chapter every few days to a week.  That should give me sufficient time to add new chapters as I go, and hopefully to complete the story in its entirety with sufficient time to continue editing each later chapter while the earlier ones are being posted.   So look for A Time To Heal, coming soon!

--WARNING!!!--

AnnieUK