• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:30:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,481
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 68
Total: 69

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Happy Birthday, Jerusha!

Started by Evie, November 08, 2013, 10:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Hope you have a great day today, Jerusha!

Happy Birthday!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Aerlys

A very happy birthday, Jerusha!

(Great cake, Evie.)
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Jerusha

Thanks very much to you both!

Evie that is a great cake - and there is even a dragon!  :D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Happy birthday, Jerusha!  May it be awesome, and many more!

Evie, where do you find these pictures?  That cake is fantastic!  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Quote from: DesertRose on November 08, 2013, 12:56:03 PM
Evie, where do you find these pictures?  That cake is fantastic!  :)

Duncan scried for just the right cake in his shiral crystal.   ;D

OK, so that's a lie.  I did a Google image search for "Medieval birthday cake," or something like that.  I forget the exact keywords I used. 
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

AnnieUK

Laurna

May your horses have wings and fly!

Aerlys

The Google faeries must love Evie, and Jerusha, too. My search for a fitting cake for KK completely missed that one!

If you like dragons, Jerusha, this cake is one of my faves:

Love the die in his claws! You can even have a knight to go with it:

(Check out http://www.mikesamazingcakes.com for some other cool cakes. Or, better yet, Google just the images, since they've recently changed what they feature on their website. You'll even find a steampunk cake, for those who are so inclined.)

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Jerusha

Again, thank you all!  I've had a lovely day.

Aerlys, what incredible cakes!  I took a cake decorating class once, but believe me, I never could create such an exquisite creature!  (Ok, I confess.  It was a case of one chocolate rose for the cake, one for me, one ... you get the idea.  ;D)

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Aerlys, those are some truly magnificent cakes.  Wow!

Jerusha, I'm glad your birthday was a good day.  :)  I can't say as I blame you for yoinking chocolate roses.  Yum!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Are we reissuing old Birthday wishes.

If so, I am here to say anew -  Happy Birthday Jerusha!

May you have a wonderful day!
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Happy birthday to Jerusha!  YAY! :)

revanne

Happy Birthday from over here :)

Glad you had a great day
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!  I had a lovely day, finished off with dinner at a favourite restaurant.  For dessert, there was chocolate cake - the kind that has just enough cake to hold all of the frosting up!

I will now mellow out on the couch and watch Dr. Who.   :)  *burp*

-- Old English Litany