• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:11:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Visionaries--Part Two--Chapter Six

Started by Evie, December 16, 2011, 09:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derynifanatic64

Quote from: Evie on December 16, 2011, 06:46:46 PM
No, Walter isn't anywhere near getting a grandchild soon.  He's Cass's father,  not AEdwige's.  And don't worry, unlike Cass, AEdwige came from a loving, supportive, even indulgent family, who did their best to give her all the nicest things they could afford and to raise her into a sweet and biddable little lady.  So what could possibly go wrong? 

(*cackle!*)   ;D
OOPS!!  My bad!!  Just hearing Walter's name can make anyone crazy.  Cass does seem determined to be the opposite of her devil spawn father--I hope.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

bronwynevaine

I remembered Cass from a previous story. Was Ædwige in any previous stories?
I don't just march to the beat of a different drummer...I dance to a beat no one else can hear :)

Evie

Quote from: bronwynevaine on December 17, 2011, 08:40:24 AM

Nope, this is her first appearance.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Alkari

Quote from: Evie on December 17, 2011, 11:17:09 AM
Quote from: bronwynevaine on December 17, 2011, 08:40:24 AM

Nope, this is her first appearance.

With any luck - and knowing how much Evie writes! - it won'tbe her last   ;)

bronwynevaine

Evie writes a lot? I hadn't noticed...

If she still wrote pencil-and-paper I'd be looking to open an office supply store in her neighborhood!
I don't just march to the beat of a different drummer...I dance to a beat no one else can hear :)

Evie

Quote from: bronwynevaine on December 20, 2011, 04:56:06 PM
Evie writes a lot? I hadn't noticed...

If she still wrote pencil-and-paper I'd be looking to open an office supply store in her neighborhood!
* Evie dies laughing

I started out writing fanfic with pen and legal pads years ago, but my handwriting has deteriorated to the point that I'm incapable of reading my own grocery lists.  God only knows what would end up getting posted here if I tried to decipher my stories from those hieroglyphics....   :D

--WARNING!!!--

bronwynevaine

Maybe I should stock a Rosetta Stone...

Evie

I'll stick to using a computer, thanks.  No need for me to contribute to the deforestation of whole continents!  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

In case any non-USA readers wondered about the "middle school" references above, it means more or less ages 11 to 13.  14-17 or 18 is high school.

AnnieUK

I've pretty much got that now, but still a bit flaky on this sophomore/junior/whatever business occasionally.  Actually, now I've related that to uni instead of school I'll probably fare better as I have come across sophomore at uni, but very infrequently.  At our unis it goes fresher (would never hear freshman here), sophomore (but very very rarely. Usually just second year.) and finalist (i.e. someone who will take their finals that year.)

We are very boring - our equivalent of high school is year 10, year 11, year 12 (sometimes lower sixth, which is a carry-over from our old system) and year 13 (or sometimes upper sixth).  Years 12 and 13 are still collectively known as sixth form though, just to confuse you.

Elkhound

Quote from: AnnieUK on December 22, 2011, 04:45:16 AM
I've pretty much got that now, but still a bit flaky on this sophomore/junior/whatever business occasionally.  Actually, now I've related that to uni instead of school I'll probably fare better as I have come across sophomore at uni, but very infrequently.  At our unis it goes fresher (would never hear freshman here), sophomore (but very very rarely. Usually just second year.) and finalist (i.e. someone who will take their finals that year.)

We are very boring - our equivalent of high school is year 10, year 11, year 12 (sometimes lower sixth, which is a carry-over from our old system) and year 13 (or sometimes upper sixth).  Years 12 and 13 are still collectively known as sixth form though, just to confuse you.

Apparently HS is a year longer over there and university a year shorter.  The standard undergraduate course here is 4 years.  Some students go to a 'junior' or 'community' college first--a two year course, leading to an 'associate' degree (sort of like your Diploma of Higher Education?), after which they will go to the university as juniors (3rd year).