• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,566
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 12:30:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Balance of Power--Chapter Five

Started by Evie, August 28, 2015, 10:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

I'm so glad I didn't read this when I got back after my niece's wedding yesterday - I would have been up all night worrying!

I don't mind cliff-hangers, but did you have to leave the Council hanging on to the cliff by their fingernails? :o

Poor Tom - the women he thought loved him only needed him to be a pawn.  To know that he is now being used by her to destroy the Council and not be able to do a thing about it would be horrible.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Elkhound

I have a feeling of what is going to happen next, but I'm not going to say.

DesertRose

Quote from: revanne on August 29, 2015, 03:28:42 AM
I can somehow see you as Kate, DR.

ROFL!!!

What makes that extra funny to me is that my SCA name is Katherine (partially in honor of Our Lady of the Stories, and partially in honor of Lady Katherine Swynford, whom I find fascinating), and some people in the SCA call me Kate rather than the full Katherine.  (Someone tried to stick me with Kat, but I refuse to answer to that because there are entirely too many women in my SCA kingdom who go by Kat/Cat.  If you're going to shorten it, I'm Kate.)

I'll take it as a compliment.  That actress who played Kate in "A Knight's Tale" is a pretty lady, even if we don't look much alike except for both being dark-eyed brunettes.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)