• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 377
Total: 377
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:17:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Quote from: Jerusha on August 09, 2018, 03:55:27 PM
If Washburn's mind is like a computer, could we just do a reboot and return everything to normal?   ;D

Given our luck with dice rolls, we might end up accidentally reformatting him instead!   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Bynw

If Washburn's mind is like a computer, could we just do a reboot and return everything to normal?   ;D

Any mind is technically that way. Just a series of electrical impulses and strings of proteins. Technically yes you could "reboot" it. But that is beyond the ability of the Deryni in Katherine's world.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Bynw

Also if you copy files on the computer. Move the copied file to another location. Go and write over the original files. Rebooting wont restore those files. They would still be over written and the copies would still be hidden. You would need a restore point. But then you could lose data that happened after the restore point.

DerynifanK

Just hope Feyd's restoration  trigger works and he can restore Wash's mind and he will have the chance to become the great healer he could be. It would be a shame to lose that.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

Quote from: Evie on August 09, 2018, 04:05:36 PM

Given our luck with dice rolls, we might end up accidentally reformatting him instead!   ;D

LOL  Hay wait just a minute here!  I assure you that Washburn is a Morgan, Not a computer. And Morgan's have a style all their own. Reformatting indeed. PHHHTH  lol Washburn and I will find a way. It may be unlike any "WAY" you have ever seen before. But don't count us out just because we are down.
:Hear the cheer squad in the background:     Oh, hmmm, You don't hear them?   well never you mind then.
BIG SMILE!
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Yay for you Laurna. The cheer squad is right behind you all the way. With your ingenuity I know you and Wash will find a way.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

Feyd  was made uncomfortable  by Wash's gaze. Do you suppose  he is feeling guilt for harming someone who had never done him any harm and did not deserve it!

revanne

Brilliant Laurna. I'm glad that Ralf was brave and sensible enough to speak.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

I;ll have some details later about storming the castle er ruins if it comes to that

DerynifanK

Is this the beginning of rescue for Wash? Don't want to get my hopes up as there isn't much time before  Feyd moves taking Wash with him. Glad Raft told what he had seen.

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Ah and the same to you, Jerusha, love, love it.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Demercia

Poor Darcy.  As if things weren't complicated enough.  I don't envy Robert either when Kelson finds out - I'm sure he will be just, when he's calmed down.....
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

DerynifanK

I'M afraid I don't think this was Aliset's  best idea. Darcy already has enough problems  and I'm  afraid she is going to add to them. She could end up endangering the mission. Kelson is going to be furious. Very intriguing  situation, Jerusha.

revanne

Just as well Father Columcil has that nice white stole Duncan gave him. It's handily placed under his cassock,  if in the future he should be asked to conduct a wedding, for instance.
Great writing Jerusha.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)