• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:17:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 105
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 96
Total: 96

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Results of Iain's roll sent by PM.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Hope Iain's  rapport reaches the king first so Kelson will have up to date information  when he communicates  with Kelric. He especially  needs to know about Valerian's  loss  of his powers.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Good writing, Laurna! I hope, too, that Kelson has received an update from the good Baron. Then Darcy & co can go to help Wash out.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DerynifanK

If Iain established  rapport first, Kelson's reply to Kelric will certainly  different. Hope so for Wash's sake as well as Kelric's. Have to say I have been a little disappointed  in Kelson's  handling of the Mearan problem so far.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

Remind me never to upset you, Jerusha.

Much as I dislike Piers, it's not a fate I would wish on anyone.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Oh, ooch! I almost feel for Piers.

I am pleased that none of the other prisoners betrayed Iain and Wash, I hope they will all be released to the light of day very, very soon.

Thank you, Jerusha, that was good.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Piers is lucky he wasn't working for Feyd. He's not as forgiving to those who betray him.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

From the bit of research I did on dungeons in the middle ages (ghastly topic to pursue during lunch!), it seems oubliettes were the more common method of containing prisoners. 

I would never want to be a prisoner during those times (or any other, for that matter).
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

I did a quick reading on the subject too. If you were nobility and a threat to the person holding you, then you were instantly killed. If you were nobility and not a threat, than you were ransomed for lots of money. If you were common folk, you were put in prison and forgotten. If you were common folk imprisoned for a reprehensible crime you were thrown in the oubliette.
Yep, you do not want to be prisoner.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Wonderfully written Jerusha, I almost felt a little sorry for Piers. Certainly would not have wanted to be a prisoner in one of thise medieval dungeons. I can see why Wash vowed never again to be a prisoner. Really glad that Wash took his cue from Feyd and warded the portal they escaped to. They certainly do not want to ever be in the hands of Valerian or Brioc again.

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Me too, laurna. i felt so sorry for Kelric. What a terrible dilemma, but I don't think he really has a choice. He has to take this step to protect  not just his own family but Gwynedd and everything that Morgans and Haldanes, including Alaric, worked and sacrificed to build. I agree that Wash, in his right mind, would support this action and would rather die than be the agent of Gwynedd's downfall

Jerusha

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Well done, Jerusha and Laurna! I'm again on the edge of my seat, waiting for what happens next. Hopefully Iain can get a message through soon that Wash is safe! And I hope that miserable excuse for a duke, Teymuraz, NEVER gets his powers back.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DerynifanK

I agree, Judyward. Just a notè,Teymuraz  is dead , this is his son Valerian.. He is just as bad though.