• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:58:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 167
Total: 167
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

The dice roller doesn't work on your laptop?
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Quote from: Evie on January 08, 2018, 10:50:43 PM
The dice roller doesn't work on your laptop?

HEHE! not exactly that it doesn't work. I just have not set up the web page nor do I have my password for that. Also my lap top does not have a very good spell check. It tells me the word is wrong but does not give any possible solutions. So I usually have to wait to get home to edit out the bad words on my PC. I guess I could go to the dictionary, but lunch is not that long. In fact it is just about over. See you all soon.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Heh. I keep the dice roller open in a separate browser tab on my laptop, office desktops, and even my smartphone, so it's always handy if I get a moment to add a scene. Finding those moments is the bigger problem.  :)

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on January 09, 2018, 02:13:59 AM
We are all going to die!
Yes, we are, but let us hope not today. Tomorrow maybe!  ;) ( oops is it already tomorrow?) ;D

Revanne, One thing: I will swear to you that Wash would never say "Now do as I say!" LOL  Really, honestly, he wouldn't. He may be a lord due to his family, but he is not heir, as Kelric has at least one son maybe two by now. So Wash has no lands and no titles other than Sir. He is hoping to earn a title from Kelson by doing good deeds for the kingdom. but in reality he lords over no one and would not presume by making such a demand. He might find a better phrase to try to be persuasive, but my brain can not think of one at this instant.

(edited: how about this "For your love of God, go! The devil will be on my heels when I catch site of you again." or something like that.)

I am half expecting all three of you to look at Wash and tell him he is delusional and they then drag him off and they do their own thing. Of course, I do think my idea is the best plan at this given moment.  We shall have to see how this plays out.

revanne

Ok - Laurna I'll edit.  I didn't mean it in a negative way. There are times when leadership, which would have been bred into Washburn is about taking authority and there isn't time to argue. Just remember I live in a country which still has remnants of hierarchy and work in a distinctly hierarchical organisation ;D

But fair point - if it comes across as Wash being lordly in a bad way that wasn't meant.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

I've modified my story (happy to do so)- I hope that comes across as better Laurna.

As I remember TKJ where St Brigid's is mentioned, the town is being looted and brutalised by Ithel and his men before Kelson shows up. I am assuming no love for troublemakers there so there should be help if only those dice will help. I'm sorry I mentioned those 2s.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Do you think we could get the dice roller loaded with dice that didn't come from Torenth?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Quote from: Jerusha on January 09, 2018, 09:03:51 AM
Do you think we could get the dice roller loaded with dice that didn't come from Torenth?

;D ;D ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Bynw

No. Torenth makes the best dice in the Eleven Kingdoms. It's one of their major exports.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on January 09, 2018, 09:16:04 AM

No. Torenth makes the best dice in the Eleven Kingdoms. It's one of their major exports.

:P :P :P

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Darcy, enjoy your wild ride behind Aliset in that last scene I just posted. It might be the only time you'll get to slip your arms around a medieval high-born lady's waist with impunity without being married or otherwise related to her!  Never mind she currently looks like a young monk with a tonsure and a day's growth of beard stubble.... ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

And probably does not smell like she just stepped out of a hot bath (but then neither does Darcy).

Actually, thank you. I could not figure out a way to proceed without having to do a dice roll, which we know by know would not have gone well.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Quote from: Evie on January 09, 2018, 10:43:22 AM

Drat and double drat to those Torenthi dice.  LOL

Actually we may have to use them again. We have tarried overlong. When our two pursuers come around the bend, they may be in crossbow range. Remember they each have one, and they would already have loaded them sometime before.
Bwyn would they be at a disadvantage to shot accurately while riding at full tilt? Fortunately they only get one shot each.

Still, eecK!

Oh, more story posted,  let me go read!

revanne

Quote from: Laurna on January 09, 2018, 11:06:33 AM
Quote from: Evie on January 09, 2018, 10:43:22 AM

Drat and double drat to those Torenthi dice.  LOL

I'm sure they must be an illegal import.
(Psalm 46 v1)